SiouxSports.com Forum

If you hate the gophers...

01grad

Diggler, surely you can't be serious? The coolest mascot in the country is by far Sebastian the Ibis from the University of Miami Hurricanes. I remember back in 90 or 91 when Miami played at BYU and a player was tackled out of bounds. The dogpile rolled over Sebastian's leg and the "mascot" broke it. He was in full uniform next week for Miami's home game...sitting on a chair with a giant cast on his leg. It was hilarious. The best Goldy can do is hope for fans to scream "spin your head?". Pu-hlease!

Dakotaboy,

I believe Goldy was against the war from the get-go, but during the last week of the campaign, decided that even more troops are needed now.

Apparently, he's still upset and plans are in the works for a full out invasion of Memorial Stadium in Bloomington, Indiana. Commence "Operation Golden Choker".

I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE GOPHERS!!!!! AND I LIVE IN MN!!!!!!! GRRRR I HATE THEM!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also live in Minnesota, close to the Twin Cities, and hate the gophers, not just in hockey, but in all sports. I loved watching Indiana....yes, Indiana whoop up on their football team recently. You may ask, "why do you hate minnesota so bad? you must be jealous." Actually, I didn't mind the gophers when I was far away from the twin cities, but seeing how absolutely arrogant the fans are in person, I hate them. What do their fans have to be arrogant about? I am not sure, but that is the main reason for my hatred. (Nice football and basketball stadiums, when Mariucci is your nicest facility, you know you are in trouble.) M -I-N-N-E..........

Wow, a whole thread devoted to why we hate the Gophers.

I hate them because they are pests and eat up my mom's garden.

I also hate the Gophers because they tore up that golf course in Caddyshack.

I also hate Gophers because they could be carriers of rabies.

Oh yeah, they are arrogant, pig headed, snobbish, and they smell funny. :silly:

I also think that stating why we hate the Gophers is a meaningless topic. We hate the Gophers, the Gophers hate us. Wow. that was hard.

Folks, let's focus on our team and let's lay the series that ended two weeks ago to rest?

Edited by redwing77