SiouxSports.com Forum

Good Timing

cfm567b27

This yesterday from a Boston periodical written by a BC fan......

Men's hockey team shows class after close defeat by Bob Coughlan

November 01, 2004

to the editor,

I just wanted to pass along some recognition of your fine hockey team at North Dakota. Sure, their trip East this week netted only a tie against Northeastern, after a loss to Boston College. However, that was secondary to the class the team showed after their game against BC.

Despite a game in which they had just played their hearts out to come back from a 4 - 0 deficit to close to 4 - 3, but ultimately fall short, the team stayed on the ice as a group to recognize Coach Jerry York's accomplishment of attaining his 700th win that evening. One by one, they came over to shake his hand and congratulate him on the achievement. This is what college hockey is all about, and also showed what the University of North Dakota hockey program is all about as well. As easy as it would have been to skate off the ice after the teams shook hands given the tough loss, they showed a tremendous amount of respect to Coach York, and to the game itself.

As a 27-year BC season ticket holder, I was immensely impressed with your team in this shining small gesture, yet so large a moment for them as a team of exceptional sportsmanship. Congratulations to the Fighting Sioux team and coaches. They should be proud.

That's our team.

:silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, if you listen to the rubes in Minnesota you would have thought UND was a bunch of classless hacks comprised of 25 year old Canadians. And where ever there is a fight UND is right in the middle of it.

Seems that when there's class shown it's always North Dakota involved. :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now that is classic. I like that one. Real witty. Well guys hold down the fort I am off to Shoot Holes in the sky. Hum, its still Ducktober (or is it Noduckvember).

Now that is classic. I like that one. Real witty. Well guys hold down the fort I am off to Shoot Holes in the sky. Hum, its still Ducktober (or is it Noduckvember).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd prefer Lotsaduxvember to noduckvember. It's lotsageesevember out this way this week.

Seems that when there's class shown it's always North Dakota involved. :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

...as visions of Jason Blake skating past the Gopher bench flipping the bird dance in my head and "Fxxx the Gophers" chant rings in my ears.

Classy move this past weekend by this particular group of Sioux players and staff.

...as visions of Jason Blake skating past the Gopher bench flipping the bird dance in my head and "Fxxx the Gophers" chant rings in my ears.

Classy move this past weekend by this particular group of Sioux players and staff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the comments Skippy - as always your posts are such a worthwhile read.

Maybe the gophers just bring out the worst. I mean, don't forget the nice things Blais and the team did for Coach Walsh...

It's kind of hard to flip off people while wearing hockey gloves being that they are so stiff, but I guess he must have done it. :D

What does the F the Gophers chant have to do with the players? I'm sure the Maryucci crowd are perfect angels when the Sioux come to town. :silly:

It's kind of hard to flip off people while wearing hockey gloves being that they are so stiff, but I guess he must have done it. :D

What does the F the Gophers chant have to do with the players? I'm sure the Maryucci crowd are perfect angels when the Sioux come to town. :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't sweat TC transplant too much...it's tough to be "junior varsity" your whole life...

I still have yet to see what this has to do with Lucia....speaking of respect boys.... :silly:

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it has something to do with this quote questioning the class ND has:

Maybe it's better now that Minnesota and North Dakota don't play again this regular season, after this statement from Gophers coach Don Lucia, to the Star Tribune of Minneapolis:

"Isn't it funny that whenever there is a fight North Dakota is one of the teams involved?"

Minnesota's Mike Vannelli and North Dakota's Rory McMahon got game disqualification penalties for a brawl at the end of the second period of the Gophers' 6-0 victory in Grand Forks last Saturday. Each will be out for his team's first game this weekend.

Dude you need to spend about :30 minutes and read some of the POI posting concerning the Badgers if you think the Gopher fans don't harbor a hatred for Red. Cripes I even read something about Gopher fans making signs indicating a reference to sleeping with Wisconsin player's moms! That is a little over the top.

I think it has something to do with this quote questioning the class ND has:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

has it ever occured to you he MAY have meant that everytime there is a fight with a Gopher player it involves a Sioux player? W/O knowing his exact angle on that quote it CAN be read several ways...

But what do I know? I just like fun cars! Right cfm? :D By the way, turned off traction control the other night and left a nice one in the parking lot! It was just to dang easy!

WPoS

Wait until you upgrade to the M (yes you will someday it is a natural progression!)....Dial in the suspension - sport - and find a curvy road. You are one with the pavement. The staggered setup of 245 in back and 225 up front makes that car STICK to the road.

Not a paid advertisement

Now back to Sioux hockey :silly:

and by the way:

I HATE RED!!

yes, there is no love lost between the BADgers and the Gophers...I'd prefer to hang w/ UND fans over BADger fans any day.

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with WPoS, most of the Gophers fans I have met over the years are a lot of fun but the Badgers fans seem to be a bunch of fall down drunken rubes. :silly:

Wait until you upgrade to the M (yes you will someday it is a natural progression!)....Dial in the suspension - sport - and find a curvy road. You are one with the pavement. The staggered setup of 245 in back and 225 up front makes that car STICK to the road.

Not a paid advertisement

Now back to Sioux hockey  :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh yes, already planning for that eventuality...gotta get a different winter beater paid off first tho...maybe in a 2 more years (depending on how the old 93 sunbird survives this winter)!

now back to topic:

BETTER DEAD THAN RED!

I HATE RED!

WPoS

I agree with WPoS, most of the Gophers fans I have met over the years are a lot of fun but the Badgers fans seem to be a bunch of fall down drunken rubes.  :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The difference IMO: Most all Sioux fans I've met have an understanding and love of hockey at all levels - and I think this is pretty common of most MN fans too as well as UMD & some SCSU fans. Most Badger fans only have a love for the Badgers and if they happen to be playing hockey....