SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (3-5) @ San Jose State (3-3) 12/3 8 PM

SWSiouxMN

We keep playing like this were not likely to make the Summit tournament next spring. I thought by now we have developed rotation we would want to play for conference but looking at tonights game were still playing everybody so this must mean were still haven't found who we are going to go with.  The biggest problem i see we don't have inside game Tsartsidze the player with most experience can play some defense but hasn't developed a move where he can be effective scorer. Norman other experienced inside player is undersized to create a shot for himself in the middle. To be fair these are still young players developing. The rest of the players we recruited are freshman and are not ready to play large number of minutes. So without inside game puts pressure on the outside game and here again we need that inside game to give our players time to hit the outside shot and second right now this team is just not shooting period you can't have periods in game where your shooting in the teens. I guess i have questions also why we have Grant playing so many minutes he doesn't shoot very well, he gets lost playing defense giving other team good looks from not being there on defense. The best part of his game is ability to feed ball down to other players but overall i just don't think he ready to be playing. I thought this team would develop more and i was optimistic they would do that after Montanna game but since we have been going backwards or maybe not either it may be that other teams have picked up on weaknesses and have adjusted how they play us. If this case we may not be vary good team were to young, weak inside, and looks to me not as athletic as we used to be. We have some very good young athletes and our experienced players are very good role players but we have no real stars on this team like in the past like Stewart and Rebraca to go too.

9 hours ago, ND-fan said:

We keep playing like this were not likely to make the Summit tournament next spring. I thought by now we have developed rotation we would want to play for conference but looking at tonights game were still playing everybody so this must mean were still haven't found who we are going to go with.  The biggest problem i see we don't have inside game Tsartsidze the player with most experience can play some defense but hasn't developed a move where he can be effective scorer. Norman other experienced inside player is undersized to create a shot for himself in the middle. To be fair these are still young players developing. The rest of the players we recruited are freshman and are not ready to play large number of minutes. So without inside game puts pressure on the outside game and here again we need that inside game to give our players time to hit the outside shot and second right now this team is just not shooting period you can't have periods in game where your shooting in the teens. I guess i have questions also why we have Grant playing so many minutes he doesn't shoot very well, he gets lost playing defense giving other team good looks from not being there on defense. The best part of his game is ability to feed ball down to other players but overall i just don't think he ready to be playing. I thought this team would develop more and i was optimistic they would do that after Montanna game but since we have been going backwards or maybe not either it may be that other teams have picked up on weaknesses and have adjusted how they play us. If this case we may not be vary good team were to young, weak inside, and looks to me not as athletic as we used to be. We have some very good young athletes and our experienced players are very good role players but we have no real stars on this team like in the past like Stewart and Rebraca to go too.

They will still make Sioux Falls. Omaha is awful this year.

I guess I just don't understand what the vision was/is for this team. We are extremely undersized in the backcourt and wing spot. We may be the most unathletic D1 team in the country. We're forced to take a bunch of contented 3s because we don't have anyone that can break down the defense and get to the hoop consistently. Theres no one that can create a shot for themselves or a teammate off the dribble. Overall this team is just offensively challenged and you're not going to win many games in 2021 scoring in the mid 60s. I just think its frustrating that the team in Sathers first year would beat this team by 10+ and they basically only played 6 guys

yes you want higher goals but looking at this team now and other teams in the conference there are years where even moderate goals are difficult to achieve. This team is so very young and at this point has no real stars on this team. Now looking at rest of the conference the top teams in conference were able to keep there teams in tack and also keep their  5 year starters. Here at UND we lost one true star in Rebraca and up coming star in Ihenaco to transfers which has put a big whole in this team. We have choosen to go with young players and build a team from there but going that way were at least 1 to 2 years before where we can make run conference championship. What happened last spring put UND back to where we were when transitioning from DII to DI. Sather is really going to have coach and get most out this team to even have record close to last year. The coming year he has to land several high end recruits or transfer if this program is going to compete. I was more optimistic earlier but looking at last couple of games i can see were not athletic as we have been in the past. Jones was much better recruiter of finding athletic players and turning them into productive players and so far Sather has only had couple of those players like Ihenaco and Bruns and couple of these other young players may turn into some jems. I hope i am wrong on what i have seen so far but we have long way to go with this program.