SiouxSports.com Forum

INCH Rips the Sioux Again

Cratter

Ticketmaster showed the games as sold-out.

However, on Saturday morning I was at REA at decided to check the box office and was amazed they were selling tickets. When I asked they said they had about 100 tickets that just became available. Not sure where they came from but it looked like most, if not all, were high up in section 315.

Not sure about Friday but maybe the same thing happened, although there were a lot of people outside the arena looking for tickets on Friday, didn't see many on Sat.

Could these tickets that became available be ones returned by Minnesota ? Or do they hold back tickets for other reasons (Sioux kids club?).

I remember before the new REA was built, there were all sorts of dire predictions that there was no way a town the size of Grand Forks could consistently fill an 11,400-seat arena. Now that the REA's average attendance (10,870) is second to Wisconsin (11,701) and and ahead of Minnesota (10,088), we're still getting dinged.

I'm sure this is UND's fault also:

GAME NOTES: Attendance at the Silvio Conte Forum was 6,856 (capacity 7,884).

Yup, #4 UND at #2 BC gets over 1000 empty seats.

Minnesota at North Dakota: 200 empty seats of 11406, arena 98.2% full.

North Dakota at Boston College: 1000 empty seats of 7884, arena 87% full.

Think INCH will pick that up?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't they rip on UND last year when BC was in town because there were a few hundred empty seats? Let's see if they have a double standard.

I know people who paid 100 dollars a seat for uppers because they were told by several sources that the games were sold out. If the tickets were made available, the game would have sold out. INCH needs to get their stories right. I usually don't use that site since it is far behind the quality of USCHO.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

While we

It is pretty much par for the course at BC to have that many tickets available so I doubt INCH will make a comment cause they could every week :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is always good to see a Gopher fan make an incorrect statement. :D

As for INCH, unlike many others, I like the site and find it humorous that they bag on UND for the empty seats, then later mention BC's empty seats, but attempt to offer justification - Red Sox, hunting . . .