SiouxSports.com Forum

Thanks Ken Towers - RIP

the green team

https://www.normanfuneral.com/obituary/kenneth-towers

Ken cared so deeply for his community & region.  He loved the area’s sports teams & its fans of all levels...and they loved him and The Moon.  My sincere thoughts to his family, as I try take a cue from Ken in his life, and that is to just genuinely care for those around you as much as possible. Maybe it’s simple, but it’s effective & inspiring.

Rest In Peace.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Ken Towers supported me and some of my athletic dreams when others wouldn't.

I only have found and warm memories of many a post ball game, birthday party, pre Sioux hockey meal with my friends at the moon.

May God bless this good man and his family,

Rest in peace good sir, Rest in peace.

• Upvote 4

Chatted with Ken several times over the span of 1992-2010 and am very saddened by this news.  I remember him telling me that he rarely attended hockey games because he was too busy slinging pizzas on Friday and Saturday nights.  Godspeed, Ken.  Thanks for all the pre and post-game fun at the Italian Moon!

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Chatted with Ken several times over the span of 1992-2010 and am very saddened by this news.  I remember him telling me that he rarely attended hockey games because he was too busy slinging pizzas on Friday and Saturday nights.  Godspeed, Ken.  Thanks for all the pre and post-game fun at the Italian Moon!

In hockey whenever we played in Grand Forks or were driving through Grand Forks on our way back to Minot we always ordered Pizzas from the moon for the whole bus.

Ken would meet us in the parking lot of Purpur with a van full of pizzas and was always greatful to our coaches for the business.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 2 years later...

On behalf of his old teammate Ray Herbel, I presented the Italian Moon with a throwback Alsen Broncos shirt this past Saturday.  The shirt will be displayed in honor of Ken Towers.  I also enjoyed the pregame buffet!  The hockey game later…not so much.  

529AFDC9-5D44-4734-875D-6F0BFE2098EE.jpeg

• Upvote 4