SiouxSports.com Forum

You make the call 2004

electricchappy56

Riddle me this, true believers.....since everyone can't stop talking about that team to the South. which would you rather see this year, and which would be more intense, a playoff game against GVSU at the Al, or having the bison head up I-94 for one more matchup.

as for myself, it's a toss-up. even though i love beating the bison, it was getting old, and the GVSU rivalry is starting to look to me like the start of something big if both teams can keep it up.

....plus i bet mafiaman wouldn't mind staring at the laker dance team :D

Hey, why wasn't this a poll so that we could get an official count of you guys who would rather play GVSU in a kickass rocking playoff game than a *yahn* regular season matchup??

PS. 94 heads thru Chicago, to K-Zoo, and right on up into detroit for anybody drawing a map there. :angry::angry:

And put in a pony too with the snowman!!! :):D:angry::angry:

Diggler,

That's more info than I needed. :D:)

Here goes: 8

So, the lesson today boys and girls, is that even-numbered interstates (I-94) travel east/west, and odd-numbered interstates(I-29) travel north/south.

Nice to see you're REALLY putting that Ag College Degree to work!!! congrats!! Humanity is better because of you!!

Diggler,

That's more info than I needed. :D:)

Here goes: 8

So, the lesson today boys and girls, is that even-numbered interstates (I-94) travel east/west, and odd-numbered interstates(I-29) travel north/south.

No Moron we know where NDSUCK and GVSU, GVSU is in Michigan.

Have fun with your DEEE one football. Wow. Thats exciting.

UND has been trying to schedule GVSU for a game. The problem is that GV's entire schedule is now made up of conference games with the shortened regular season. The only open date GV had is for this coming Saturday and obviously that won't work with UND playing a NCC game.

UND has been trying to schedule GVSU for a game. The problem is that GV's entire schedule is now made up of conference games with the shortened regular season. The only open date GV had is for this coming Saturday and obviously that won't work with UND playing a NCC game.

UND and GVSU both have 10 game schedules with Nov 13 off

i stand corrected,

not to sound snooty, but do you have any proof of this?

Dale Lennon stated it last year on his radio coaches show. UND was also trying to work something out with SVSU. The GLIAC plays 10 conference games and has an odd number of teams, so you're at the mercy of the conference schedule for when an open date might be. That's how it worked out with Ferris State- they were off for October 9th and UND has an open week from the NCC schedule.

Another interesting note from last week's coaches show- UND had it worked out to bring Carson-Newman up here to open the 2002 season. I believe it was for a $65K guarantee and buying their turf shoes. C-N backed out at the last minute, so when they came calling again this year because UND and C-N had the same open date, UND told them no thanks.

i stand corrected,

not to sound snooty, but do you have any proof of this?

RD17 is right. GVSU is stuck with a lot of conference games right now. We did have a non-con game planed for this weekend, but it was with New Haven who decided to drop their program, which has always been a fairly strong independent team from the Northeast. Its just that travel cost where getting to them, and there wasn't a conference there that would have been a really good natural fit for them to stay up on the national scene like they have in the past. Too bad that UND's open date and GVSU's open date didn't happen to be on the same weekend here. But I guess it will make the Playoffs just that more intresting eh fellas??

RD17 is right. GVSU is stuck with a lot of conference games right now. We did have a non-con game planed for this weekend, but it was with New Haven who decided to drop their program, which has always been a fairly strong independent team from the Northeast. Its just that travel cost where getting to them, and there wasn't a conference there that would have been a really good natural fit for them to stay up on the national scene like they have in the past. Too bad that UND's open date and GVSU's open date didn't happen to be on the same weekend here. But I guess it will make the Playoffs just that more intresting eh fellas??

That was something I was not aware of I remembe them coming here and playing a night game a few years back. They seemed to have a decent team. Too bad for New Haven.

Ferris State will be an interesting NCC vs. GLIAC matchup...not nearly on the level of GVSU but the Lakers beat them 24-6 in the season opener - lots of screwups by the Dogs but still a convincing win for GVSU...By all accounts, Ferris has managed to keep down the turnovers lately so they should be an improved team when the come to the Al and not one to be taken lightly....but it is an opportunity to send a message to the GLIAC. Just remember we owe Ferris for an upset win in the Hockey regionals a couple years ago :D:D???