SiouxSports.com Forum

2020 Stanley Cup Playoffs

cberkas

8 hours ago, sioux rube said:

All the series are 3-1. Would be nice to see at least one of them go 7 games 

First round:  5 4-1s, 3 4-2s.

Someone should run numbers historically, but it just seems this year like there are an unusually large number of teams playing with resignation once they get down in the series.  Bubble fatigue?  (Last year it looks like there were 5 game 7's in the first two rounds.)

Boston is a great example.  Played lights out early in game 1 to go up 3-0, but Tampa closed strong.  Bruins lose game 2 in OT, and then get outscored 10-2 in next 2 games.  Just not the same team on the ice.

7 minutes ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Someone should run numbers historically, but it just seems this year like there are an unusually large number of teams playing with resignation once they get down in the series.  Bubble fatigue?  (Last year it looks like there were 5 game 7's in the first two rounds.)

Boston is a great example.  Played lights out early in game 1 to go up 3-0, but Tampa closed strong.  Bruins lose game 2 in OT, and then get outscored 10-2 in next 2 games.  Just not the same team on the ice.

I have considered that myself. I said that to my wife when the Caps were getting eliminated. Looks like they want nothing to do with the bubble anymore 

4 hours ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

I’ll say most of Boston’s issues is that Rask left to be with his family.