SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA standings

Goon

I'm still only willing to put them into unordered 'groups' at this point.

Top group:

UND, UMD, Wisconsin.

Concerns for each?

- The Sioux lose offense.

- The Bulldogs lose leadership (Lessard and Geisler).

- The Badgers, because of the unbalanced WCHA schedule, play Minnesota, UMD, and UND four times each this year. (Last year they only had Minnesota for four and didn't go to Duluth or Grand Forks. That could be their tripping point.)

The middle group:

CC, DU, Minnesota, SCSU

The trailing group:

MSU-Mankato, MTU, UAA

I could maybe see MTU and SCSU switching groups. Minnesota's inexperienced defense keeps them in the middle group but they'll probably make a late run at the top group.

I don't think UW is ready to take themselves to either UMD or UND's level. You all saw them play their absolute best last season and I don't think they will get any points in either GF or Duluth.

My groups would be:

UND

UMD

UW

UM

CC

DU

SCSU

AA

MTU

MSU

I'd be shocked if any of the bottom four get home ice, or if either UND or UMD finish out of the top three.

By the way, who was the joker who picked UND to finish 7th??? I won't necessarily say they'll win the WCHA but really, can he/she honestly say that UND will finish that low?!?!

CC has very few players anyone seems to be familiar with. I wouldn't be surprised if they did well.

Either I'm blind (which is likely), or the post you're referring two has been deleted. From what I see Skateshatrick is the only non-homer that placed UND lower than #1, he put them at #2. I don't see the #7 pick anywhere.

I'm still only willing to put them into unordered 'groups' at this point.

Top group:

UND, UMD, Wisconsin.

Concerns for each?

- The Sioux lose offense.

- The Bulldogs lose leadership (Lessard and Geisler).

- The Badgers, because of the unbalanced WCHA schedule, play Minnesota, UMD, and UND four times each this year. (Last year they only had Minnesota for four and didn't go to Duluth or Grand Forks. That could be their tripping point.)

The middle group:

CC, DU, Minnesota, SCSU

The trailing group:

MSU-Mankato, MTU, UAA

I could maybe see MTU and SCSU switching groups. Minnesota's inexperienced defense keeps them in the middle group but they'll probably make a late run at the top group.

I agree on this but UMD takes a hit with Lessard with not only leadership but offense might be a problem for them too.

Here is why I only "group" teams early on:

Suter leaving Wisconsin for Nashville

That will probably move Wisconsin out of my "top" group. (They really only have two experienced defensemen, Gilbert and Likens, now.) Bernd Bruckler can't be happy about this.

Duluth returns more conference scoring than UND. I think the loss of Geisler and Hardwick on the blueline (defensively and leadership) is what they'll feel more than the loss of Lessard.

Here is why I only "group" teams early on:

Suter leaving Wisconsin for Nashville

That will probably move Wisconsin out of my "top" group. (They really only have two experienced defensemen, Gilbert and Likens, now.) Bernd Bruckler can't be happy about this.

Duluth returns more conference scoring than UND. I think the loss of Geisler and Hardwick on the blueline (defensively and leadership) is what they'll feel more than the loss of Lessard.

Actually, UW also lost McMurchy... at least temporarily due to legal issues. Maybe he pulled a Brand Winchester :p (Brad allegedly punched a police officer in a bar brawl, IIRC).

Anyways, They are a young resourceful team with a great coaching staff. They will contend, but perhaps Suter's departure may have put the NCAA berth off for a year. That's not good for Bruckler. Let's hope their goaltender that takes over for Bernd is as good.

Here is my list

1. UND

1. umd

3.uw

4.um

5. cc

6. du

The top six, the sioux will be at the top if they stick with one goalie and go. I think the goalie who is in the top 3 or 4 in basically every career stat there is for a goalie should get the nod. Thats pretty impressive, belfour, casey, goehring. Go sioux

Hey UMDDogz, you wouldn't be disappointed seeing the Wisco or Minny series with the Sioux up at the Ralph. If there's one thing Dogs and Sioux fans usually agree on, its our dislike of the Gophers! If/when I move back to NoDak, my goal is to take a trip to Duluth for a Dogz/Gophs series. From what I've seen on the Gohpers, err, I mean the Fox Sports Net, The DECC really rocks when Minny comes to town.