SiouxSports.com Forum

Goalie for next year....

Brent_Bobyck

Who should start between the pipes next season?  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who should start between the pipes next season?

• Jordan Parise
    • Jake Brandt
    • Nate Ziegelmann
    • Phillippe Lamoureux

Whoever Dave Hakstol believes is the best, or are the 2 best, goaltenders should start. The Sioux actually have the luxury of having 4 very good goaltenders. Jake Brandt was one of the best in the WCHA last year. Jordan Parise was not far behind him. Nate Ziegelmann is a very good goalie, and his high school and USHL numbers bear that out. Whether he gets a chance to play is up to the coaches, but I know that he is very capable and could be playing for a number of D1 schools. Phil Lamoureaux is very talented and I have heard comparisons to Karl Goehring. It would not surprise me if he were the No. 1 at the end of the year. I personally would like to see Jake Brandt because he is a senior and has improved tremendously the past 2 years. He had 2 arguably bad games last year--against Wisconsin (not all his fault) and in the WCHA title game against UM. He was outstanding the rest of the year, especially against BC, St. Cloud in St. Cloud and against UM.

The goaltending for the Sioux and the defense (if Jones and Greene stay) are the least of my worries. The difficulty will be replacing the scoring of Zach Parise and, if he decides to leave, Brandon Bochenski. Players like that do not come along very often.

Has anyone thought about the new assistant coaches position on Jake.  Remember Jake was at Roseau and he was at Warroad...a BIG Rivalry.  Hope he doesn't take it out on Jake.

Just a thought!!!

Certainly you are not seriously concerned about this......

What a great problem to have!!! Four goaltenders all capable of stepping in and taking the reigns. I'll have to pick JPar to start the season out. Taking shots from little bro among others in the offseason is probably good for him. He was solid last year even though he took a lot of grief for only being recruited because of Zach.

PS: Jake Brandt had Warroad's number during his years at Roseau. I can't remember Warroad beating Jake.... :p

Has anyone thought about the new assistant coaches position on Jake. Remember Jake was at Roseau and he was at Warroad...a BIG Rivalry. Hope he doesn't take it out on Jake.

Just a thought!!!

Yes it is a BIG rivalry, but with rivalries come respect. I would highly doubt that it would have any impact on anything to do with the Sioux. In fact if anything, I think it would help Jake.

You would, because you'd like nothing better than to see one of them "floating down the Red" so that some of your fellows could make up scenarios about how they were booted off the team by their ruthless coach.

Yes, WPOS I know this doesn't necessarily include you.

WPOS, I would think that the Gophers would love to have a least ONE of our goalies, since I don't think you have anyone worth mentioning behind Briggs. Granted, I haven't paid much attention to the Gopher roster, so please, fell free to correct me if I am wrong... :ohmy:

They've got JJ :p

They also got a walk on goaltender from the NAHL. It's really interesting because he's only 5'7" tall. Anyways, he was the NAHL Goaltender of the Year, if I recall correctly. Frazee isn't coming in until 2005 so this year, the Goofs have a sieve and a true walk on freshman as goaltending depth.

How would you like a team whose depth in that position is overrated and a question mark?