assistant coach

Kermit

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your educated "guess" as to who will get the job? :lol:

Given his extensive vocabulary, my money's on SiouxMeNow. :0

Seriously, I have an opinion on who I think might get the job, but it's not based on any "insider information."

Seriously, I have an opinion on who I think might get the job, but it's not based on any "insider information."

Ok, I'll end the speculation. After much thought I've decided to apply for the Assistant coach position, even after the way I was snubbed for the head job. I decided to post here before the Herald breaks the story. :lol::0

After much thought I've decided to apply for the Assistant coach position, even after the way I was snubbed for the head job.

As a result of that news, I've been forced to change my opinion. :0

• 2 weeks later...
Come on, name an assistant coach already!  I know it takes time to post and all, but this is getting crazy.  Is Johnson in, or not?  Seems that's the main question to answer.  No offense jloos, but he seems to be the top choice.  :)

Geez, you don't want people to think the search for the assistant coach was "botched" do you? :D

That may not mean Johnson's been offered the job. If it is true, it could be that the assistant coach, who ever it is, will be named by that time.

I guess I look at it differant.

The way I see it, Johnson was already offered the job and has either accepted it, or declined.

We'll know today what his decision was. If he declined, I think there will be more interviews.

I was told that Pat Sweeney had the list of applicants for the job on the WDAZ sports last night.

How come no one has posted it here yet?

Because no one watches Pat Sweeney. I suppose, just a hunch.

I was told that Pat Sweeney had the list of applicants for the job on the WDAZ sports last night.

How come no one has posted it here yet?

Watching the streaming version of it this morning:

- near 20 applicants

- 5 former Sioux (Archie, Eades, Herter, Johnson, Koberinski)

- also Patrick Boller, Brett Chernicky, Chris Imes, Aaron Kinslow, Jamie Ling, Thomas McDonald, Christopher Quimby, Eric Raygor, Normand Rochefort, William Sampson, Mike Sirant, Nat White, Nelson White, Jasen Wise

- Hak will interview finalists after HR sreening, hopes to offer job early next week

anyone that can identify the non-Sioux applicants gets a raw fish :)

Gee, thanks, make me do all the work. No fish for you, although I'm tempted to mail some carp sushi (via pony express) to GF :D

Here's some of what I found:

Imes - Maine 90-95, IHL, Roller Hockey, AC at Tri-City, USHL

Ling (brought about fish reference) - Notre DAme 92-96, IHL, ECHL, currently HC at ECHL's DAyton

Raygor - Wisco 95-98, CHL, ECHL

Rochefort - lots of NHL experience with Nordiques and RAngers, Currently AC with QMJHL's Acadie-Bathurst

Sirant - WHL 78-79, Calgary Wranglers

Wise - USHL, early 90's

That's it. Applications will be accepted through today.

Didn't Imes win a championship or two coaching the Pittsburgh Forge?

NOt listed as playing or coaching there. Was part of Maine's NCAA championship team (was it 92), and I believe was an Olympian.

Whoops, listed as AC in 00-01 at Tri-City; not listed since.