SiouxSports.com Forum

Favorite Sioux

Delroy Ten Thumbs

Without a doubt, Craig Riendeau (or however the hell you spell his last name). The LBs got the credit in 2001, but he really solidified the secondary with experience and play. Kinda like John Stockton did for the Jazz (minus the "nutters").

Besides, he lets me tease him about the Sioux black game pants looking like something that should be seen at Men's Night at the local softball complex.

Without a doubt, Craig Riendeau (or however the hell you spell his last name). The LBs got the credit in 2001, but he really solidified the secondary with experience and play. Kinda like John Stockton did for the Jazz (minus the "nutters").

Besides, he lets me tease him about the Sioux black game pants looking like something that should be seen at Men's Night at the local softball complex.

I still give Craig a lot of credit for UND's championship, because without that blocked field goal, it's a different ball game.

My all-time favorite is quarterback Tom Biolo who wore number 42, used athletic tape to hold his thigh pads in place, was also the team's punter and engineered some very ugly but impresseive wins over some very good teams (Portland State, NDSU, Northern Michigan, and at one time had the Sioux ranked #1 in the nation).

too many to name and if i tried to i would forget to slight someone....more important to me than any of these guys being good football players is the type of people these young men are and become....for the most part it has been great to be around all of these gentlemen and you know who you are...my kids have enjoyed being around you guys too....thanks....

I would have to say that Digger is my frontrunner for favorite sioux...There have been some great linebackers here, but he........is in a class of his own....and he is only getting better, and had his freshman season cut short...His intensity, plus he just has an old school attitude...all business.....could easily be the best that played here

I think you're on the right track with Digger...only getting better and he's pretty GD good right now! We've got the Nickel for as long as we want to keep it thanks to him! Hey - bust a guys leg on third down then stuff his teammate on a 4th and 1?? You got my vote dude! He's focused, talented - kind of like Sports-Mensa version of Mike Mooney...WOW - where is he now?

Man it would have been great to have Lueck for at least another year - and especially against GVSU. Could have been the difference maker. Anyone notice the first time the Lakers punted, they punted away from the "receiver"...apparently thinking it might be Lueck?? Anyway - he will be remembered for making Bobby "TOAST" Babich look exactly like his team nickname....that was fun!

Milson Jones : RB 1979-1981

Anybody here old enough to remember him???

I've got plenty of fond memories of Milson from his CFL days. He was a pure tank with incredibly quick feet for a big man.

His UND time, however, pre-dates me by a little bit.

Uh, sioux7, I believe that Vito Perrone was the dean of the (at the time) Center for Teaching and Learning (college of education) in the 1970's. My recollection is that Dr. Perrone was not a real football fan and spent most of his time writng articles for scholarly journals theorizing about how schools should operate more like permissive families and that children should be allowed to "discover" the truths in life rather than being taught them. If my aging and failing memory serves me, I think that he went from UND to one of the Ivy League schools (not in a football capacity) - Princeton seems to come to mind.

Uh, sioux7, I believe that Vito Perrone was the dean of the (at the time) Center for Teaching and Learning (college of education) in the 1970's.  My recollection is that Dr. Perrone was not a real football fan and spent most of his time writng articles for scholarly journals theorizing about how schools should operate more like permissive families and that children should be allowed to "discover" the truths in life rather than being taught them.  If my aging and failing memory serves me, I think that he went from UND to one of the Ivy League schools (not in a football capacity) - Princeton seems to come to mind.

I believe there was also a Vito Perrone, Jr. It was well before my time, but I know he was a very good track athlete at Grand Forks Central. According to the football media guide, he lettered in football at UND in 1976.