SiouxSports.com Forum

9-17-21

MoneyLine

Devils v. Flyers game preview on NHL.com states that "help is on the way in the form of Zach Parise who signed Monday". Pretty nice to see that people are looking forward to his arrival in the NHL...UND is prominently mentioned and associated with him...great for recruiting the next Zach...

Thats good about Yahoo because that was the first thing I tried to do today as well. I am really bummed about him leaving. I knew the day would come but I was hoping it would either happen after a championship or at least until after his Junior year.

Amen to being bummed. Same here. Just feels like this year was wasted with what we had. Ranked #1 all year (almost the entire year), beating just about every opponent we were "supposed to beat"... Then taking one in the shorts against a team that doesn't even qualify for the Final Five. If you ask me this is one of the most disappointing finishes that I can recall during the last 10 years. The 2002-2003 loss to FSU wasn't nearly as disappointing because of the collapse at the end of the year. This hurts....

Amen to being bummed. Same here. Just feels like this year was wasted with what we had. Ranked #1 all year (almost the entire year), beating just about every opponent we were "supposed to beat"... Then taking one in the shorts against a team that doesn't even qualify for the Final Five. If you ask me this is one of the most disappointing finishes that I can recall during the last 10 years. The 2002-2003 loss to FSU wasn't nearly as disappointing because of the collapse at the end of the year. This hurts....

I wonder how JPar is taking it. I'd think it would be exciting to win an NC with little bro.

And all this happens when JPar was finding his groove. I hope he retains it over the off season....

I have to say I could really careless what number he wears in the pros. I am still pretty pissed off about the way the season ended. I know it would be hard to turn down that kind of money but IMO he bailed on the team awfully quickly. I have to say in reading on POI where Ballard said he is not going to pursue turning pro early. I found that to be refreshing. Does that mean he won't leave this summer? No, but it gives me the impression of more loyalty to the program. Ballard was a higher pick than Parise and is at least very close to Parise in talent. As much as I dislike Ballard I have to give him props on this one.

I have to say I could really careless what number he wears in the pros. I am still pretty pissed off about the way the season ended. I know it would be hard to turn down that kind of money but IMO he bailed on the team awfully quickly. I have to say in reading on POI where Ballard said he is not going to pursue turning pro early. I found that to be refreshing. Does that mean he won't leave this summer? No, but it gives me the impression of more loyalty to the program. Ballard was a higher pick than Parise and is at least very close to Parise in talent. As much as I dislike Ballard I have to give him props on this one.

like we all didn't know that this was a strong possibility that he would leave early. hell, there was talk that he may have left afer his freshman year. zach is one of the best players to ever wear a uniform for the sioux and theres nothing wrong with as you call it "BAILING" for the pros at all. thats what the ultimate goal is for most players going to a top program and he is ready so why not! he has a chance to play in the fricken stanley cup playoffs and thats rare for a college player coming right out of his college season. good luck to zach and thanks for the 200% he gave every day he wore the sioux uniform!!!!!!!!

The Phoenix Coyotes are not pursuing Ballard like the Devils did Parise. The Coyotes are content with letting Ballard (and Jones) develop in college. I would have liked Parise to stay as much as everyone else here, but it just didn't happen. I certainly don't think that he bailed on the team. Zach felt he was ready, so did the Devils.

The Phoenix Coyotes are not pursuing Ballard like the Devils did Parise. The Coyotes are content with letting Ballard (and Jones) develop in college. I would have liked Parise to stay as much as everyone else here, but it just didn't happen. I certainly don't think that he bailed on the team. Zach felt he was ready, so did the Devils.

Thats good news for Jones, I think he should be a candidate for all American next season on defense. Anyone know if they have released the All American teams yet?