SiouxSports.com Forum

UND basketball "Mount Rushmore"

Siouxperfan7

10 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

You serious?  Sounds like he was minding his own business and doing nothing wrong, but you're trying to put him on blast, on a public message board, why exactly?  Really a low class move and the reason why shouldn't need to be explained.  Just tasteless..

i guess your reading a little too much into my post ....

my 5 UND mt rushmores are guldseth, tuttle, vonesh, beasley, and hooker (only counting players i've seen play in person)

one of those 5 lives 2 minutes from me when considering how much he's made in his lifetime he probably should closer to bochenski

On 8/1/2019 at 5:10 PM, petey23 said:

One thing to consider as people tend to look at things as Division 1 vs. division 2 and it might shade their point of view when comparing players.....you have to remember that there are about 65-70 more teams playing Division Basketball now as compared to the late 80's, early 90's which scholarship wise is another 800-900 athletes that would have been playing D1. The Rich Glas' and some of Dave Gunther's teams had more than their fair share of those players that would easily be division 1 by todays standards and opportunities.

That said, here is my team of players in the modern era but pre D1 that I would put up against many of our recent teams...yes I know I cheating putting these guys on one team but it's my post.:D

Point Guards--Rico Burkett, Burke Barlow

Shooting Guards--Travis Tuttle, Mike Boschee, Hunter Berg

Combo Guard(ball dominant)--Myron Allen

Small Forwards--Scott Guldseth, Todd Johnson, Dave Rettker, Kyle Behrens

Power Forwards--Jerome Beasley, Dave Robertson, Chris Gardner

Posts--Dave Vonesh, Chad Mustard, Kevin Wilson

Several of these guys can play a couple different positions and with the way todays game is played we would have some real difficult matchups with 6-7, 6-8 guys who can stretch teams out.

3 point shooters

Tuttle-44%

Guldseth-42%

T. Johnson-42%

Boschee-40%

Behrens-38%

What might have been if not for the NCAA screwing over yet another athlete with Myron Allen and Beasely.

Kevin Wilson was an absolute manchild his Freshmen and Sophomore years until he tore up his knee. Never was the same after sitting out a year. With todays technology he probably makes a full recovery and has 2 more dominant years.

Rico was such a great point guard and an absolute lockdown defender. I remember opposing point guards having to work just to get ball across half court.

Robertson and Rettker were your jack of all trades guys and they knew how to get other teams off their games. I'll never forget Robertson blowing in Troy Hartman's ear at the free throw line. Rettker told myself and a couple others a story about playing pick up ball  when he was back home against Michael Jordan...didn't go so well but you have to like a guy who wasn't afraid to trash talk the king of trash talk.

Birdman!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...