SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Lost

killer4president

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Denver credit. They had a great game plan and it worked. Berkhoel had a little luck and made some great saves. That was the difference. You can't say the Sioux didn't have their chances because they did.

Give Denver credit. They had a great game plan and it worked. Berkhoel had a little luck and made some great saves. That was the difference. You can't say the Sioux didn't have their chances because they did.

Tough way for a great season to end.

You'll probably get some troll here.....don't forget some of us have manners, and a game to play.

From what I saw on TV I don't think the Sioux were looking past Denver. Seemed to me they were playing pretty well, and getting stronger as the game went on. Berkhoel (sp?) played very well, and unfortunately a few of our guys just couldn't bury the biscuit when they had an opportunity. Prpich is going to have nightmares on that shot he put over the net......

This was just one of those games.....

Prpich is going to have nightmares on that shot he put over the net......

I'll probably go back and look at the tape, but on the replay they showed from behind the net between periods, it looked like the puck hit the crossbar and deflected upward.

Lots can happen during play offs. Same thing happened to Wisconsin. They were tied and Maine ended up scoring the wining goal.

Really great goal tending tonight. I was impressed by both of the goalies.

As far as who wins the Nationals I'm going to have to root for the gophers.

I heard this quote last year after the MN Wild beat the Colorado Avs in the NHL playoffs and I think it is fitting here. "The better team lost, but the team that deserved it won."

I'm not saying the Sioux did not deserve to win, but obviously it wasn't our night. Hopefully we'll have nough guys staying and some good freshman coming in. I look forward to seeing the Sioux go all the way next year.

Tough luck for Jordan Parise tonight, I have made it clear on more than one occasion that I prefer Brandt, but I can't blame JPar this time. JPar played really well and Denver got one in, tough break for our seniors.

tough loss for UND. UND ran into a hot goalie and team the got a bounce at the right time. IMO UND outplayed Denver for most of the game. One of the "cleaner" games I have watched all season, what, three (?) penalties the whole game? Tourney play is full of odd stuff, this is one of those games. Good season guys and have fun rooting against the Gophers (I know you all will).

WPoS

Just one of those games...

Sometimes the goals just flow into the net, and sometimes you can't buy even one.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but despite what the Sioux coaches and players might have said, I do not think the Sioux look comfortable on the big rink. They just have not mastered the keep-away game that Lucia's teams seem so good at. It is no surprise to me that UND's best weekend this year occurred up in that little pinball machine in Duluth. You can forecheck, force mistakes and get the puck to the net so fast. On the big ice you skate skate skate to the corner to chase down a loose puck. Just my opinion.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but despite what the Sioux coaches and players might have said, I do not think the Sioux look comfortable on the big rink.

I agree.

Good season Sioux. Let's hope everyone returns and look forward to next season. Good job to the seniors; Lundy, Palmo, and Hale, not a good way to go out, but you guys had an awesome 4 years.

As a side note- So many chances the Sioux had. I'm still thinking about that RHale chance 15 seconds into the game. Gotta hand it to Berkhoel, he played outstanding.

Hasn't been mentioned yet, but despite what the Sioux coaches and players might have said, I do not think the Sioux look comfortable on the big rink. They just have not mastered the keep-away game that Lucia's teams seem so good at.

Agreed. Everytime they go into games on the big ice DB says they are prepared and that the big ice sheet is no big deal. Bottom line: it seems to be a big deal and when it matters they don't seem to do well, which is very frustrating/maddening as a fan.

Extreme disappointment. But, also somewhat happy for Denver. I like that program-- even though they can at times suck the life out of the game with their defensive style. It is effective, but I have never believed that it will take them to a title. Tonight was a step closer to proving me wrong. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing DU winning it all this year. But, Duluth is my favorite for now.

Go Dogs! Go Pios!

taz hates big ice