SiouxSports.com Forum

#1 SEEDS THAT WON'T WIN

SIOUXPERGREEN

Man - you guys are freaking hilarious.

Now it's the PA that made the difference between your beloved Sioux Winning and Losing? What will it be next - the lights were too bright? ;)

As for giving the Gophers too much credit - it's hard to argue against the Pairwise. Head to Head record is only one indicator but I thought you guys would have known that by now.

And the Denver series found the Golden Gophers without two magnificent North Dakato born boys on the squad and Vanek due to injury.

Keep going with your inaccurate speculation; however, it's quite humorous.

TC_Transplant is one of you. FYI

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have refrained (wow! ;) ) from posting on this subject on many boards...each team's fans can make excuses, each team's fans can spout off. The game is over and no amount of cheering/whining/flaming will change it...

Drop the Puck!

WPoS

To begin with, I am a first time writer to this board and I have enjoyed the posts I have read.

That said,

1. I think Gophs fans are overlooking some key facts about last Friday's game with UMD. Namely Hambly and Brosz. Our #3 goal scorer and #1 Defensemen (an argument could be made for Geisler).

If those two are playing its a 100% different game.

They will be 100% this week. Sandlin did not want to get them reinjured before the Big Dance. Additionally, from what I can tell Junior Lessard will be healthy this week too.

2. I think the Bulldogs can beat the Sioux if they see each other again. After watching a healthy Dogs team lose to the Sioux, I said that the Sioux would probably win 8 out of 10 times facing the Dogs. My hope is Denver gets hot.

3. Notre Dame kills giants (BC and Maine). Briggs is young will not hold up in the tourney. I predict a Notre Dame upset. Michigan State worries me also, but I think the Dogs will prevail.

4. My final four North Dakota - UMD - Michigan - Maine

Brandt has two periods of experience in the tournament. Parise has zero experience in the tournament. Bruckler has zero experience in the tournament. Reichmuth has zero experience in the tournament. Berkhoel has zero experience in the tournament.

Looks like Brandt wins. Congrats.

Briggs is inexperienced in tournament play, and will not hold up in the tourney.

Briggs has held up thus far, but the good news is that so has th Gopher Offense.

The Final 5 Championship game was NOT a defensive struggle. It was simply the last team to score would win the game. Gophers scored last, and they won.

DON'T discount the Gophers. Lucia is a playoff wizard. He always can convince the team to pull one out of their breezers when it really matters.

Brandt has two periods of experience in the tournament. Parise has zero experience in the tournament. Bruckler has zero experience in the tournament. Reichmuth has zero experience in the tournament. Berkhoel has zero experience in the tournament.

Looks like Brandt wins. Congrats.

You forgot something!

Briggs has zero experience in the NCAA tourney and I don't believe JJ has any experience either.

How did I forget it? I responded to the statement that Briggs had no experience with the fact that the other WCHA goalies were equally green except for Brandt who got pulled after two periods against Ferris.

But thanks for reminding me....JJ also got pulled against Ferris but that was after one period so Brandt wins again.

Why even have a regular season anymore. Minnesota finished 5th in it's conference, and they get a one seed because they won 4 playoff games.

And the commnets about the announcers, I don't think it gives the players anything extra but I can guarantee that it gives the fans something extra.

1. I think Gophs fans are overlooking some key facts about last Friday's game with UMD. Namely Hambly and Brosz. Our #3 goal scorer and #1 Defensemen (an argument could be made for Geisler).

If those two are playing its a 100% different game.

They will be 100% this week. Sandlin did not want to get them reinjured before the Big Dance. Additionally, from what I can tell Junior Lessard will be healthy this week too.

That's great news for you guys. Congrats & best of luck!

I get a kick out of this board....its quite humorous just sitting back and reading all these excuses....

You all might as well focus on Holycross as your next opponent...it seems as though last season Ferris State got the best of ya.....maybe the trend will continue!

As for Briggs, I hope he shines in the playoffs just like Weber did last season.....

3. Notre Dame kills giants (BC and Maine). Briggs is young will not hold up in the tourney. I predict a Notre Dame upset. Michigan State worries me also, but I think the Dogs will prevail.

Shoot. You beat me to the punch. A few weeks back when I was looking at who I didn't want to see the Sioux face early and Notre Dame came up. They've beaten very good teams on the road. It also wouldn't shock me to see Notre Dame win.

Duluth is the other team I don't want to face. Beating a team 5 times in a row is tough enough, but 6? Man would that be a chore. Are those injuries truly healed?

I think BC is going to have their hands full in UNH beats Michigan. Playing UNH on their home rink levels the playing field a bit. They split the series they had a couple weeks back.

UNH isn't on their home rink. It's by them, but not where they regularly play. Now if you'd said "home ice advantage," then I'd agree with you. But that would be against Gopher ice site logic.

Funny how the Gophers love to rant and rave about that PRI if it helps them, yet by using the theory they have used to rationalize their #1 seed, the PRI is totally shot. According to them, we should take into account who is "hot" at the end of the season. If you know anything about college hockey at all, you know the PRI is based on the entire season, not who's hot at the end. Who's "hot" has no impact at all on the rankings. In fact, it's much like the BCS. There was even a discussion that CC should LOSE to Alaska-Anchorage to keep their PRI spot because a win would de-value the win itself much like Miami (FL) playing a Division I-AA team in NCAA football drops their ranking. The PRI is the silliest thing going in college hockey and yet people seem to base everything on it.

Here's the problem with the PRI. It kept out a "hot" Duluth team last year and kept in 0 for their last 6 St Cloud. St Cloud goes to the dance and promptly gets thumped in the first round. Would Duluth have done any better? They defeated St Cloud in the opening round of the playoffs, knocked out UND in the play-in game, lost to CC in a tough game, then defeated Mankato for 3rd place in the WCHA tournament. 4-1 in the WCHA tournament against teams that went to the dance. My guess is YES, Duluth would have stuck around the NCAA tournament for more than one game. However, they never had the chance. If human logic had ruled over computers, no one would have taken St Cloud over Duluth last year.

This season, what's the true showing of where the Gophers are at? Home ties against 8th place HE Boston University? Being embarrassed at the hands of Denver? An 0-4 regular season record against Duluth? Or back-to-back home sweeps of a mediocre St Cloud team and winning two playoff games held in front of 16,000 rabid Gopher fans in St Paul? I guess we'll find out who the real Gophers are this weekend.

I get a kick out of this board....its quite humorous just sitting back and reading all these excuses....

You all might as well focus on Holycross as your next opponent...it seems as though last season Ferris State got the best of ya.....maybe the trend will continue!

As for Briggs, I hope he shines in the playoffs just like Weber did last season.....

Brigs=sieve, sieve, sieve, sieve...