SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS playoff 2016 questions

SiouxVolley

Looks like UND will be seeded in the top 8, which means UND will get effectively three weeks to heal.

From my memory, only the top three seeds are assured of home games.  The rest of the five seeds have to put in a bid, and if the eight winners in the first round put in higher bids than those UND, UND isn't assured of a home game.  Is that Correct or have the home seeding rules Changed?  Some of the brackets list Grand Forks as the site of the first game.

Also, the NCAA will schedule at least one Friday night game each weekend for TV.  Since UND plays BC in Madison Square Gardens on Sat, June 3rd, it would make some sense if UND tried to get an Alerus games on Friday night Dec 2nd.  How much control would if any would UND have on the timing of home games?

21 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

Top 8 seeds get home games.

I believe the first two rounds are Saturday games.  They don't go to Friday games until the Quarter finals.  At least that's what they did last year.

edit:. Here's a link to the 2015 playoffs.  http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2015-11-22/2015-fcs-playoff-bracket-released

Thanks.  I was remembering back before they expanded the playoff to 24.  The rules were different when they had 16 and then 20 teams.

10 hours ago, Sioux95 said:

If we get a seed, when do tickets for the game start going on sale?  And we travel, does the host site have to make a certain number of tickets available for the visiting team?

Up to the Alerus, I would imagine they would want to start selling as soon as possible after selection Sunday next week though. And yes they do, but it's usually just like one section. I imagine that will be divvied out via Champion's club priority points.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2016 at 8:25 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Thanks.  I was remembering back before they expanded the playoff to 24.  The rules were different when they had 16 and then 20 teams.

The first two weeks are Saturaday, ESPN3 only games.

The Quarterfinals will have two games on ESPN/ESPN2, one on Friday and one on Saturday. Semifinal broadcast on ESPN2 and ESPNU.

Found this good summary of the games.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/11/espn-provides-complete-coverage-ncaa-division-football-championship/