SiouxSports.com Forum

Why doesn't the Alerus host a hockey regional

SiouxVolley

59 minutes ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

I love me some hockey in football stadiums

Frozen-Dome.jpg

Where was this at? It looks sweet! I have not had a bad experience for an outdoor game yet, I have been to 3: UND @ UNO TD Ameritrade Park; Ohio State @ UMN - TCF Bank Stadium(Hockey City Classic) and Wild vs Blackhawks @ TCF Bank Stadium (Stadium Series). Hockey City Classic felt like below zero temperatures, but having outdoor club seats with a indoor warming house for inbetween periods helped that out alot. 

Has anyone heard for sure if Sioux Falls entered a bid for the Western Regional? I know ESPN Radio in Sioux Falls said they were preparing to for one of the upcoming years, but haven't heard anything since. Denny Sanford Premier Center is a great rink, and the USHL team does really well in attendance, also alot of UND Fans there.

On 4/7/2016 at 10:34 PM, Wildfan said:

Where was this at? It looks sweet!

It was, as @nodakvindy pointed out, Syracuse University hosting an AHL game between the Syracuse Crunch and Utica Comets at the Carrier Dome.  The event was called the "Frozen Dome" and it was honestly really cool! Wish I could've gone! As far as I could tell that was the first hockey game, or at least big hockey game, at the Dome and that is awesome!!! Dome has been home to many greats like.....well...idk how many you guys would know....how about Donovan McNabb? :lol:

So the only way our boys in Green will play in that venue is if Syracuse get's their s**t together and forms a program! Don't tell me Syracuse people don't care about hockey, because the attendance in that picture is equal to Cuse vs Villanova, UConn, Georgetown, Duke, you name it. 
I'll fight my entire life for a North Dakota vs. Syracuse men's hockey game. It will happen, so help me god. 

But yea, anyway, Alerus would be fun to see a game played but if there are better venues then they should get the bid...Oh well!

1 hour ago, TrueSioux2000 said:

It was, as @nodakvindy pointed out, Syracuse University hosting an AHL game between the Syracuse Crunch and Utica Comets at the Carrier Dome.  The event was called the "Frozen Dome" and it was honestly really cool! Wish I could've gone! As far as I could tell that was the first hockey game, or at least big hockey game, at the Dome and that is awesome!!! Dome has been home to many greats like.....well...idk how many you guys would know....how about Donovan McNabb? :lol:

So the only way our boys in Green will play in that venue is if Syracuse get's their s**t together and forms a program! Don't tell me Syracuse people don't care about hockey, because the attendance in that picture is equal to Cuse vs Villanova, UConn, Georgetown, Duke, you name it. 
I'll fight my entire life for a North Dakota vs. Syracuse men's hockey game. It will happen, so help me god. 

But yea, anyway, Alerus would be fun to see a game played but if there are better venues then they should get the bid...Oh well!

The 2010 Frozen Four was held at Ford Feild and was a failure. Not hockey games in domes.