SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Prospects

dagies

The Heraldo today, confirmed that Phillipe has verballed to UND.

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/s...rts/3874303.htm

Posted on Fri, Aug. 16, 2002

COLLEGE HOCKEY: For GF's Lamoureux, the puck stops at UND

By Virg Foss

Herald Staff Writer

Two weeks after two former Grand Forks high school hockey players committed to play for Minnesota, an ex-Grand Forks Central goalie has chosen UND over the Gophers.

Philippe Lamoureux, a former Central goalie who now plays for the Lincoln (Neb.) Stars in the United States Hockey League, has given UND a verbal commitment, effective with the 2004-2005 season.

;);););)

I think this is great news. He had a very good year last year, just behind some outstanding goaltenders. Hopefully he can keep his game at a high level.

However, it's hard to criticize Chris!!!! for his future prognostications when Blais is landing recruits for 2 years down the road. ;)

I like to see good GF players wearing Kelly green.

I think this is great news. He had a very good year last year, just behind some outstanding goaltenders. Hopefully he can keep his game at a high level.

However, it's hard to criticize Chris!!!! for his future prognostications when Blais is landing recruits for 2 years down the road. ;)

I like to see good GF players wearing Kelly green.

Dagies and others,

We should all be excited about future of Fighting Sioux Hockey.

Latest news is that Sedevie was traded from Sioux Falls to Topeka??? What's with that?? Anyone have any news about this??? Adds a new twist to the signing of Phil!!! He may be too good to leave in Lincoln for 2 years.

You brought it up. I was thinking the same thing but not posting it. If the Sioux coaches have some question about Sedevie, the commitment of Phillippe sends even an unintended message to Sedevie. When Phillippe comes to UND in 2004, Brandt and Siembida are seniors, Sedevie would be a soph.

If Sedevie lags Lamoureux this year in the USHL do you think he wants to come in as a confirmed back-up, first to Brandt/Siembida and then to Lamoureux? Possible Sedevie decides to move along, and Lamoureux comes in 2003.

However, if the Sioux coaches are confident that Brandt and Siembida are the guys for the next 3 years (and that is possible) this commitment really sets them up. Sedevie provides insurance for their Junior and Senior seasons, and then Sedevie and Lamoureux battle for the top spots starting in 2005.

Either scenario is conceivable and will work out well for the Sioux as long as the guys play well.

I look at it this way. The more quality goalies you have in camp the more high quality of play you are going to get from your goalies. Competition helps the players strive to achieve the next level... I am not 100% sold on our two Sophmore goalies myself. I was hoping maybe Lane would have come to UND this fall and maybe put some pressure on our current goalies.

(SiouxperFan @ Aug 19 2002, 09:49 AM)

Latest news is that Sedevie was traded from Sioux Falls to Topeka??? What's with that?? Anyone have any news about this??? Adds a new twist to

the signing of Phil!!! He may be too good to leave in Lincoln for 2 years.

You brought it up. I was thinking the same thing but not posting it. If the Sioux coaches have some question about Sedevie, the commitment of Phillippe sends even an unintended

message to Sedevie. When Phillippe comes to UND in 2004, Brandt and Siembida are seniors, Sedevie would be a soph.

If Sedevie lags Lamoureux this year in the USHL do you think he wants to come in as a confirmed back-up, first to Brandt/Siembida and then to Lamoureux? Possible Sedevie decides to

move along, and Lamoureux comes in 2003.

However, if the Sioux coaches are confident that Brandt and Siembida are the guys for the next 3 years (and that is possible) this commitment really sets them up. Sedevie provides

insurance for their Junior and Senior seasons, and then Sedevie and Lamoureux battle for the top spots starting in 2005.

Either scenario is conceivable and will work out well for the Sioux as long as the guys play well

I need help understanding these comments. Why would the fact that Sedevie gets traded within the USHL impact how the Sioux coaches value him?

Given his injury-influenced season in the USHL, I'd guess the coaches will be using this year to see if Sedevie is really ready for primetime. At the same time, if Lamoureux has a stellar season while Siembida and Brandt don't impress, I'd bet they bring him in 2003.

Here is the best way to explain it. It called an insurance policy. Lane has had injury problems and that does probably give the coaches some concern, however, what I have read and the little I have seen him play I think he is probably going to be a nice addition to our team. The aspect I like about him is that he is a stay in the net goalie something our two young goalies need to work on this season Especially Josh. If Josh starts dancing in the crease this year like last year against the Gophers its going to be a long season again this year. However, I cant wait for him to prove the naysayers wrong.

Also, You can never have enough goalies or quarterbacks. Look when Karl got hurt Andy filled in great. Also, Blaiser is looking to the future, a good team can build from the goalie out. Best example of this is Roy from Colorado.

Guess it is official... Sedevie has been traded to Topeka, Kansas. (For future considerations) Not sure if this is good news or not. Lets hope Lamoureux has a great year and comes to UND in '03 and knocks the socks off everyone.

Just wondering if Sedevie will report to Topeka?

I don't know much about the situation but I don't know why he wouldn't. He has a lot to prove this year.

Topeka traded away or lost their big goalie from White Bear (Aarnio) and so Sedevie will probably have a chance to be the #1 guy. Not really familiar with Sioux Falls goalie situation but Gasparini, in his press release, seemed to indicate they had 3 guys to play and trading Sedevie was best for everyone. On the surface it would appear that way.

Sedevie can come in and prove he is healthy and in top form, and really sharpen his skills.

Putting to rest some speculation, in 'sota they are saying that Ben Gordon from I-Falls has committed to the goofers for 2004. So I guess it isn't so early to be landing those future recruits after all!

We didn't recruit him at UND because we have so many forwards already. ;)

I guess Gordon has some good talent, but at 5'10 and 155(?) he's pretty small, which hasn't stopped us from bringing on people in the past. Then again he could probably put on another 15-20 lbs by the time he's done in the USHL.

I agree with Dagies, I think we're set at forward for now though, with Murray, Porter and Fabian coming in next year, and maybe somebody else before then, so I don't know how much of a look Blais gave him at this stage, e.g., 2 years out.

In the 2003-04 campaign the only senior forwards will Lundbohm, Palmiscno, and R Hale. Assuming no one leaves early there is probably only room for 1-2 forwards for that year.

That said, I would venture a guess that Blais wanted Gordon, if he is as skilled as his press says, and the fact MN apparently wanted to get his commitment now. You can't win them all, and regardless of what anybody says, getting a MN high school player is not going to be easy against Lucia these days.

That said, you can afford to lose a few good ones, if you only need to find a couple. And there is time.

Good for the Gophers in listening to their fans you would think that UND has lost every recruiting battle to them, however, I think UND sets up quite well over the next 4 years. Heres to a few more banners.

Anyone excited yet about the season...