SiouxSports.com Forum

UND (7-5) @ Idaho (7-5)

SWSiouxMN

1 hour ago, Siouxphan27 said:

did I mention who would draw up the play?  no, I did not.  :)

during the timeout, let the 5 on the floor figure out who was going to run what lanes, and I would bet it sure as heck wouldn't have been the guy who was stone cold from sitting on the bench all night running out front opposite the ball.

I am guessing since he left Collins on the floor that he was concerned about getting the rebound and if this was the case he probably should have told them to use the timeout if their shooter missed. I would prefer to grab the rebound and go like we did so they can't set up a defense but we should have had Brick, Geno, Q, Mac, and Baldwin on the floor.

We were also lucky that they missed free throws as I didn't like us looking for a 3 with 27 seconds left and down 3....extend the game go to the rack as most times you get an uncontested layup as they don't want to foul.

19 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I have to admit , the last plays of half's and last plays of games has not been kind to Jones's teams over the years.   He seems to do a good enough job to get us in a favorable position, but we can never close the deal.

What about putting us in a favorable position that so many of these games don't go down to the last play or so?  That isn't happening often enough either. 

• Upvote 2

Saw in the paper that UND was out-rebounded 40-23 in this game... that is horrible.

Also, UND shot only 60% from the foul line against Idaho whereas they shot 88% against Weber State and 73% at Eastern Washington. No consistency.  

All around bad game from UND in Idaho. Also, it looks like the Idaho bench outscored UND's bench 29 to 6.

Looking back to the last road game before the EWU/Idaho road trip, they dropped a crucial game to Northern Colorado. This team, under Jones' leadership, does not perform well on the road. 

Idaho is best rebounding team in league. Style of play offensively and defensively much to do with this (Stu Morrell protege). Offensive rebounds were pretty close I believe. We took 10 more shots and missed 10 more shots. Needed to board better but sometimes you need to look a bit further when evaluating rebounding stats. 

Before Idaho state game I thought we needed to go 2-2 in this tough 4 game run. We did that. The Idaho game is a bummer. Eastern is best team in league right now. Weber win wasn't expected. Idaho State win looks better and better.