SiouxSports.com Forum

When do the Sioux Play on Friday?

DamStrait

Due to the "Minnesota Rule" we will not know until after the games tonight.

If the Badgers and Bulldogs both win, the Gophers will play in the play-in game vs. CC. Then, the winner of that game will play UND at night on Thursday. But, if there is an upset and the Mavs or UAA win, that will push the Gopehrs up and they will avoid the play-in game. If this happens, UND plays in the afternoon vs. the winner of the play in game, and Gophers play #2 team at night. I am not positive on this, but this is how I understand it. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Due to the "Minnesota Rule" we will not know until after the games tonight.

If the Badgers and Bulldogs both win, the Gophers will play in the play-in game vs. CC. Then, the winner of that game will play UND at night on Thursday. But, if there is an upset and the Mavs or UAA win, that will push the Gopehrs up and they will avoid the play-in game. If this happens, UND plays in the afternoon vs. the winner of the play in game, and Gophers play #2 team at night. I am not positive on this, but this is how I understand it. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Your 100% correct. I already have my tickets for friday night, so go Bulldogs and Badgers!

If the Badgers and Bulldogs both win, the Gophers will play in the play-in game vs. CC. Then, the winner of that game will play UND at night on Thursday.

(Provided Duluth & Wisconsin win tonight)

But wouldn't the Sioux play CC in the afternoon if they won their play-in against the Gophers? I thought the only way the Sioux would play Friday night is if they were playing the Gophers; if not, I thought they would get the luxury of playing a team with only 15 hours rest in the afternoon.

Realizing this is an elementary question.... The Sioux have the #1 seed in the WCHA tourny. Does that mean they play the winner of the play-in game? If they win that then they are in the chamionship game? Help me out here....

The Goofers get preferental treament in terms of who gets the Friday night game. Then the #1 seed.

If the Final 5 are UND, UMD, UW, UM, CC..then CC and UM play Thursday night.

Regardless of who wins, UND will play Friday night and UMD & UW play Friday afternoon. (this is on the assumption that UMD & UW win tonight)

The only way UND would be in the afternoon game is if UM is NOT in the play-in on Thursday. (ie: a 3 seed)

This is why the other league schools need to stand up to Minnesota. They get all of the benefits of being in a conference but then have their own TV deal a la Notre Dame football. The other league teams should quit allowing FSN in to do games. What benefit do they get? Forcing the issue might result in a long overdue league TV deal or at least a nice chuck of change from Minnesota and FSN.

Wisco is down 4-0 to UAA after 2 periods...its starting to look like UND will be playing in the afternoon game, which means the game will not be on TV  :glare:

Good job WCHA way to reward the number 1 team

Any chance of FSSN picking up a feed for the Fri afternoon game? Or is there not even a feed to be picked up?

This sucks if we can't watch it because Minnie gets the night game! :)

Yea, I'm kinda pissed, too. But think of it this way. We'll play a team that's a bit more tired, either CC or UAA, so they'll be a greater chance of us winning. Then UM and UMD will play Friday night, so we'll either get a shot to take UMD 6-0 for the series this year or we'll get to play a rockin' game against the Goofs saturday night. Either way, this might turn out better.

Just sayin I'd rather play the Goofs in the finals than in the semi's.

There is no feed being sent out...they will be doing an in-house camera setup, but otherwise there is no way for outsiders to see the game.

I just sent an email to Bruce McLeod, the WCHA Commisioner and I suggest everyone do the same: bmcleod@du.edu

This pisses me off, I'm not going to be able to watch the Sioux play...gj to the Western Gophers Hockey Association. :glare:

Wisco is down 4-0 to UAA after 2 periods...its starting to look like UND will be playing in the afternoon game, which means the game will not be on TV :glare:

Good job WCHA way to reward the number 1 team

It'll just make it that much sweeter cheering for the dogs against the stupid, punk, turd, sucking, always getting their way, sissy, nerdy permed, piss colored jersey, rodents, furballs, varmint gophers.

It'll just make it that much sweeter cheering for the dogs against the stupid, punk, turd, sucking, always getting their way, sissy, nerdy permed, piss colored jersey, rodents, furballs, varmint gophers.

Duluth was up 5-1 and now lead 6-4....its not a given that UMD will win their series vs Mankato

IM SICK OF THIS B.S.! in any other world the #1 seed gets the night game. especially if the game is being played @ a "NEUTRAL" site i.e. the excel. to further prove the point, when does a play-in winner have to play the #1 seed less than 24 hours later? the only team that wouldn't have to worry about any of the stuff is the goofers. all the better when the Sioux (or bulldogs) kick they're a$$ this weekend.