SiouxSports.com Forum

Not too classy if you ask me

01grad

PCM, you make a valid point. I believe I read this in a Herald article or something several days ago, before it was brought up in this Forum. Don't quote me on that. I read it somewhere, though, just can't play where....

Anyway, what I read said Blais wouldn't let Tech practice in the REA.

The first time I learned anything about this subject was when Blais mentioned it on last week's UND coaches show. This is the quote from my summary:

He (Blais) also said that if the Huskies have to play UND next weekend, they

I think Tech decided to stay for other reasons. It must be their Spring Break, and they wanted to enjoy the wonderful climate here in the Forks. They're probably spending their time away from practice fishing for some nice cats. Perhaps some of their players have entered the Cat's Tournament later this summer, and they're looking for the hot spots.

I played a lot of hockey in grand forks these last few years and it might also boil down to techs decisions

REA Main Bowl: $200 an hour

REA Olympic Ice: $100 an hour

EGF: around $75 an hour

Why should UND have to pay the money for Tech to practice at the Ralph, they shouldn't. With that in mind, maybe Tech made the call if they couldn't get time on the Olympic ice they would take their practice elsewhere. Blais might have made his comments just to add some fuel to the fire.

I think UND made the right decision UND doesn't owe MTU anything, and why should UND let them practice on our home ice all week. UND didn't make MTU stay here all week. If I was the coach of MTU I would have taken my team home on Sunday and came back on Wednesday or Thursday.

Which is a nice rink if I do say so myself. I had the privilege of playing there once or twice in my career and I can't complain. Tech should be happy that they get the chance to play their last couple of games in a nice rink. (Englestand, or XCEL Energy Center)

I know people who work at the Ralph Engelstad Arena and they have seen the Michigan Tech hockey team come there every time they've worked. I don't know what they're doing though... if they're using the ice or using the weight room... I even know that my friend has talked to some of the Michigan Tech players and they were wondering what you do here for fun because they were bored out of their minds.