SiouxSports.com Forum

Bertuzzi Sucker Punch

Diggler

I'm sure other people saw this. How long should he be suspended? Takes a real man to punch a guy from behind and then drive his head into the ice. What a gutless puke. I hope he is gone for a long, long time. He is a good player though so the NHL might wuss out. I hope they don't. He is worthless and should be gone for at least the rest of the season if not alot longer. ???

The Canucks talked about getting Moore back for his hit on Nasslund and then they did it . They completely thugged it up the entire game. What a whole team of punks.

Don't know if this is really the right place or what, but most people come here so:

http://www.hockey-fights.com/videos/200403...SuckerPunch.wmv

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is absolutely no reason at all for that in hockey, or any sport

I didn't see the hit in question before that they were refering to, and i understand some form of retaliation, but that is not kosher at all

suspension for the rest of the year + possible legal issues

It was an absolutely dispicable act by Bert. He followed him around for a bit, then when he wasn't looking, sucker punched him from behind. Moore was out when he got punched, and Bertuzzi continued to ride him to the ice, slamming his face down. This definitely should be a 10+ game suspension, and possible legal action by Moore. The entire league, including fans and players of every team, and even the fans and players in Vancouver, are all disgusted at this malicious, and horrible act by Todd Bertuzzi.

What a real chickensh*t to hit a guy from behind. You want to get back at Moore for what happened with Naslund...go toe to toe with him. The worst part of it was when he hit the ice he was out cold, but Bert still kept throwing punches. It was real ugly the way Moore's head hit the ice, I really hope he is okay. I hope that it is possible for Moore to take legal action against Bertuzzi, as he deserves something more than just a 3-5 game suspension by the league.

That's what gives hockey a bad name to casual observers. Going to battle for your teammate and some fighting is part of the game, but that was not fighting. I hope that Bertuzzi is suspended. It surprises me that he hasn't been charged with assault because, clearly, that was what it was. Moore should sue him for compensation (games missed, if any) and punitive damages...

I couldn't stand that guy from when the Wild were playing them last year. What a GOON! There is NO room for any of that crap in the league, let alone the world! He can get away with it, cause he's big and tough......I think the league needs to send a BIG message.......

They said all week they were going to get Moore, and they did.......what a Chicken S&%^

It was an absolutely dispicable act by Bert. He followed him around for a bit, then when he wasn't looking, sucker punched him from behind. Moore was out when he got punched, and Bertuzzi continued to ride him to the ice, slamming his face down. This definitely should be a 10+ game suspension, and possible legal action by Moore. The entire league, including fans and players of every team, and even the fans and players in Vancouver, are all disgusted at this malicious, and horrible act by Todd Bertuzzi.

It has to rank up there with the Mcsorrely incident, maybe even dirtier. I always hated Bertuzzi and this just reconfirms my feeling towards this thug.

That's what gives hockey a bad name to casual observers. Going to battle for your teammate and some fighting is part of the game, but that was not fighting.

The vast majority of sports fans are casual observers. Like it or not, this is the part of hockey that the general public is exposed to.

As long as fighting remains "part of the game," hockey's image is cheapened by incidents like this and it will never have the following of other sports.

While I agree that Bertuzzi's attack wasn't fighting, it was carried out under the guise of sticking up for a teammate. And isn't that what most hockey fans who approve of fighting say they want?

While I agree that Bertuzzi's attack wasn't fighting, it was carried out under the guise of sticking up for a teammate. And isn't that what most hockey fans who approve of fighting say they want?

I also advocate not letting old ladies cut in front of you at the grocery store. That doesn't mean if one does cut in front of you at the grocery store, I advocate hitting the old bag in the face with a loaf of french bread and slaming her head into the cash register. :D

I also advocate not letting old ladies cut in front of you at the grocery store. That doesn't mean if one does cut in front of you at the grocery store, I advocate hitting the old bag in the face with a loaf of french bread and slaming her head into the cash register. :D

Sure, that's what you say here... ;):)

Sure, that's what you say here... ;):)

No, he's telling the truth, I've seen an old lady cut in front of him before. Didn't hit her (didn't have french bread either though), but did spew a string of profanity at her. There was a retired sailor there...who is now a trucker...that told him to watch his mouth. :p

I have heard for a long time what a punk Bertuzzi was.

THAT'S WHY I LOVE HOCKEY!

This proves it that Todd Bertuzzi is a over hyped goon that deserves to be suspended for the rest of the season, through the playoffs, and into next season. Ala Tim Hunter... I have never been a fan of Marc Crawford. The man is a smart ass that sits on the bench and smirks when the dirty stuff happens. I hope Tony's Team takes it to the Canucks next time they play. What a classless act this was, Rich T the assistant coach was about ready to come over the boards or go after Crawford I am not sure which.

Yeah its too bad Bertuzzi is so stupid. He is a great player and can use his size effectively. Its sad to see him make such a cowardly act and not seem to really care about it. I lost all respect for him.

As much as I hate the Avs I would love to see Big Worrell beat his A$$!!!

Now that I think about it, I hate all players for the Canucks & Avs and both coaches too! I hate Crawford more than Granato of course but both suck.

The Red Wings represent true talent and class.

OOT

Go Stars

Go Kings

Why?

Dallas Stars head coach Dave Tippett: UND - 1981 to 1983.

LA Kings head coach Andy Murray's son Brady plays for the good guys.

Me, a homer? Ne-e-e-ver. :):D

I hate the Stars...but, you already could have guessed that.

I like the Kings though. Andy Murray seems like a class act to me. Good coach. I remember him miked up against the Wild one game last year. I hear he has a son that plays hockey for a really, really good DI team. ;)

I also like the Sabres.