SiouxSports.com Forum

Quick Question!

Wilbur

Has anyone else noticed that the last few years that Warroad makes it they get a night game, and yet everytime EGF did they had the first afternoon game? It's a long drive for both schools (though longer for Warroad) to bring fans, and yet EGF would have more fans than most of the other schools in class A and they had the farthest to travel.

Thank goodness someone finally beat out Fergus Falls. Nothing like having a .500 team in year after year that would just be done right away.

Wadena-Deer Creek will probably get slaughtered too. Section 4 is just the blackhole of Class A hockey. A fwe years ago Fergus actually had a quality team. Other then that though they have been like the Williston of the tournament every year.

Wadena-Deer Creek will probably get slaughtered too. Section 4 is just the blackhole of Class A hockey. A fwe years ago Fergus actually had a quality team. Other then that though they have been like the Williston of the tournament every year.

Would that be the '98-'99 team that lost to us 5-0 in the state semi's ???

They actually beat Red Wing in the quarters that year...but they then had to deal with us.

Yeah, and you guys took it to us in the finals. I still remember some little Benilde punks running down the stairs to our side of the rink screaming and holding signs. Good thing we didn't treat them like the kid from Thief River Falls that did that to us...the cops pulled him out of the pile.

I don't remember any Benilde fans doing that, but I was watching the game. I know it wasn't any of my friends (or me). We were the ones that started the Warm up the bus, and Lick nuts chants (we got yelled at by our President pretty good for that one :) )

I think I heard the warm up the bus, but not the other one. At that time our fans weren't allowed to do much, because of repeated incidents with Warroad.

Has anyone else noticed that the last few years that Warroad makes it they get a night game, and yet everytime EGF did they had the first afternoon game? It's a long drive for both schools (though longer for Warroad) to bring fans, and yet EGF would have more fans than most of the other schools in class A and they had the farthest to travel.

Thank goodness someone finally beat out Fergus Falls. Nothing like having a .500 team in year after year that would just be done right away.

Actually Warroad played at noon every day of the tournament last year, but in years before that you are correct. ???

Warroad sucks! Willy Marvin is a weenie! ???

I just told my students the story of the ref getting hit with the litre of cola the other day. The look on the poor guys face, and there was nothing he could do because it was during the anthem. For everyone else that wasn't there, it sounds terrible, but you get a chuckle out of it. It was just like the ref from Slap Shot.

Actually Warroad played at noon every day of the tournament last year, but in years before that you are correct. ???

Fair enough. I just don't understand the logic in Section 8 playing at noon. They're the farthest away! They bring plenty of fans the way it is, but would bring more if they got to play even in the mid afternoon game.

Section 8 plays at noon because it's a crazy division. Why else would a Section 8 be known as the discharge crazy people get from the military?

M*A*S*H reference JAMIE FARR! ???

Ok, I'm heading to bed.

M*A*S*H sucks...It's a very not funny show. So, bad reference.

I remember seeing both Warroad and EGF playing in the afternoon. Wed. predictions.......

Breck, SSP, Warroad, and Hibbing are all victors tomorrow.