SiouxSports.com Forum

How do you like them now?

Goon

How do you like UND's chances now?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like UND's chances now?

• Much better after the sweep at Duluth.
    • I had no doubt even after the tough stretch.
    • I am now eating crow.
    • It changes nothing.

Every person that I talked to about this team I said not to worry. I am a very pessimisitic person at heart, but with this team I just don't even worry even if they lose.

I think UND answered some serious questions. On a side note when I watch a UND game on TV with my dog UND's record is 2-1. I guess Dakota is good karma for the Sioux eh?

im glad someone had the balls to admit they are eating crow.

and the note on watching tv..thats awesome..i have heard ppl who are crazy about that. some guy in wisconsin said he would take all the blame for the badgers losing a football game because he didnt watch the game in his basement wiht his red light on. hah....

Well..NOW is when teh wins really start to count.

It was either on this board or USCHO where someone asked about superstitions, and I posted that the Sioux were undefeated when I wore both my jersey and hat during the games... Last night, my wife, our 3 kids and I went out to eat with my mother-in-law, and we got home just before the game started. I forgot to put on the jersey and hat until after the first period... once they were on, the Sioux scored, twice... :blush:

I had no doubt the Sioux could sweep Duluth. I said it all week that they would. Almost everything was in the Sioux's favor for a sweep. Sioux were the last team to beat Duluth, Sioux just played their best game of the year in Mankato, and they were playing a lower ranked team. As PA & Dubay would say, I'm just a great hockey mind.

Wow, order up some humble pie. Three admit to eating crow.

I actually didn't feel the sweep in Wisconsin was that big of a deal. If UND wins one game this weekend they get a least a share of the league title. I could see UofW taking at least one point this weekend.

I admit to being very down after WI, but feeling pretty positive after Mankato. Not "sweep of Duluth" positive but very positive about how we would play this past weekend. We definitely surpassed my expectations. I did say to 2 friends that if we would sweep this weekend we'll hang #8. We'll see if that pans out.

I did say to 2 friends that if we would sweep this weekend we'll hang #8. We'll see if that pans out.

I feel pretty darn good about the Sioux at this point. We should be even stronger next year (provided there are no early defections, injuries, etc.), but I wouldn't feel too good about putting all our eggs in the basket for the 2004-05 season. For that reason, I'm putting a majority of my hopes & expectations on the Sioux for taking home #8 this year. I'll be disappointed if they don't. Take #8 this year so we don't have to put all our hopes on next season.

I feel pretty darn good about the Sioux at this point. We should be even stronger next year (provided there are no early defections, injuries, etc.), but I wouldn't feel too good about putting all our eggs in the basket for the 2004-05 season. For that reason, I'm putting a majority of my hopes & expectations on the Sioux for taking home #8 this year. I'll be disappointed if they don't. Take #8 this year so we don't have to put all our hopes on next season.

Being the defending champs sometimes makes the season after easier to stomach.

I would love to have the UND Fighting Sioux be defending next season. Then we are going to be assured of getting each teams best effort. Yikes.

I saw my second and third game in person this weekend at the DECC. I was very impressed with the sioux D this weekend. Friday night Duluth had very few good scoring chances and the PK was excellent. Sat. Brandt saved the day although the Sioux played great in the 2nd period. Third period they were really on their heels but Brandt was OUTSTANDING, I sat right behind him, high enough to see the angles and he was in great position for every stop. It was kind of funny when Smaby swatted his stick against the goal and Jake did not see him do it and the backswing hit Jake right in the back of the head. Jake turned around and was looked like what the hell was that. It was a bad break. I feel confident about the Sioux's chances of getting to Boston especially if we can stay on the smaller ice, Duluth just could not penetrate the tree's in the D-corps. Go Brandt Go, the best I have ever seen him play this weekend. The boys (for the most part played with discipline. A couple of dumb penalties at the end of the period on both Fri and Sat but the PK was good all weekend!

It would be great to think that UND can go all the way this year. The only problem is you still need some luck. You need to score when you get the opportunity and have good goaltending and that is what we had when we won our more recent NCAA championships. I love UND hockey but you can talk until you are blue in the face about how good they are but I am always scared that they may not get that good break that a team needs to go all the way. Call me negative but there are times that this team gets a bit unlucky. I would love to see Zack win a ring before he leaves so he feels his decision to come here was worth it besides the NHL exposure which he still would have recieved if he was a goph. Just a thought... BM