SiouxSports.com Forum

Gopher Perms?

NorthDakotaHockey

Today's Star and Sickle has a photo of Barry Tallackson and Peter Kennedy in the stylist chairs getting their hair permed for the big playoff run!! Everyone is doing it to inspire team unity! Did it two years ago. ;)

Perms. Hilarious. Of course, having little to no hair myself, this may just be my own jeolousies here. That said, I cannot wait for the chance that will hopefully come to do some neighborly heckling about their nice perms, and to watch the Sioux skate off with trophies of various sorts, including the permed pelts of fallen Gophers in their gloves.

What are these guys thinking? Permanents?

:)

ps. Bruce Brothers weekly college hockey column is pretty good today, as it always is in my opinion.

Bruce Brothers is terrible. Bring back Wong. I had enough of Brothers after he didn't even mention the sweep of SCSU when we were short three guys. If you are covering the WCHA how do you not even mention that series?

That's because we didn't sweep them...win and a tie. But, you're right...still needs to be mentioned.

Today's Star and Sickle has a photo of Barry Tallackson and Peter Kennedy in the stylist chairs getting their hair permed for the big playoff run!!:

According to the official University of Minnesota Primping Manual (UMPM) the proper order should be:

#1 Bikini Wax

#2 Exfoliating Facial

#3 Manicure

#4 Fancy Hairdo

Could NCAA sanctions be forthcoming?

It sounds like the Gopher Mens Athletic teams are filled with a bunch of girls. The basketball team goes to movies together and the hockey team gets perms together. Next thing you know they'll be an article saying how they go to the bathroom together.

What moron actually does a story on that? I mean did someone say they heard the hockey team was getting perms and this writer ran to get the scoop? That's terrible reading if you ask me. I read the article and it had nothing interesting about it.

I stand corrected. We got three points and almost had four if they Husks wouldn't have scored with less than two minutes in the game but that gets no mention in the Brothers report. Gregg Wong just seemed to have a better idea what was going on in the WCHA. He also had the best job ever. He covered golf, skiing and WCHA hockey. Why would you ever retire from a job like that? This perm thing has to be the stupidist thing ever done by a team.

Perms?

Nails?

Bikini Waxes?

Exfoliating Facials?

When someone sent the free "day of beauty" passes to U of M attention "the Gopher hockey" team, I think they may have meant the womens team! :glare:

Next time they need an "exfoliating facial," I'm more than sure Mike Prpich would be more than willing to help. :p

Gregg Wong just seemed to have a better idea what was going on in the WCHA.  He also had the best job ever.  He covered golf, skiing and WCHA hockey.  Why would you ever retire from a job like that?

I actually have a friend who knows Gregg Wong well and I ran into him at her house one time. One of the main reasons he retired was because of the Pioneer Press' administrative problems and also that it was a constant battle to get them to devote significant space to college hockey on the sports page. He felt that the number of college hockey fans in the cities justified more in-depth coverage of more teams than just the Gophers. He's a cool guy, just based on the 20 minutes I talked to him.

Bruce Brothers gets his reports off of INCH. He'll devote his weekly column to women's hockey occasionally instead of the men's league... nothing against women's hockey but it seems like they were the only people he could get on the phone. His column sucks.

Ironically, it's the guys who actually do sport the Mike Ditka cut who I suspect are feeling inadequate. Do they really think a butch-looking hairstyle will somehow make them more manly??? Any guy who has the balls to wear his hair long and/or get it permed is more than secure with his masculinity. He has to be to shrug off the sexist comments that his hairstyle somehow makes him less of a man. Does anybody remember the curly shoulder-length locks sported by our very own Tony Hrkac???

:p I've never seen a man give such lengthy responses to defend his hairstyle. We all know you're a He-man just oozing with masculinity so you don't have to defend your perm, long hair or whatever you have so vigorously. :lol: