SiouxSports.com Forum

Is North Dakota a Hockey Coaching Pipeline?

Goon

Great topic ... it all comes of recruiting leaders.

Certainly a lot of possible additions:

Rick Zombo, Lindenwood.  

The high school list could get pretty long ... off the top of mind ... Jim Archibald is putting Brainerd High on the map. Tyler Palmiscno added some hardware to the east side.  David Marvin is at Warroad coaching the girls team.

• Upvote 1

Great topic ... it all comes of recruiting leaders.

Certainly a lot of possible additions:

Rick Zombo, Lindenwood.  

The high school list could get pretty long ... off the top of mind ... Jim Archibald is putting Brainerd High on the map. Tyler Palmiscno added some hardware to the east side.  David Marvin is at Warroad coaching the girls team.

I could be wrong, but I believe that Archibald is no longer the HC in Brainerd.  And Tyler Palmiscino is out in EGF as well.

With UND being one of the premier college hockey programs in the country, I am surprised the list isn't longer. Also I think Steve Johnson (two years at SCSU and one at UNO) should be included.

Edited by Stms

This goes back closer to the beginning, but did Fido Purpur or Serge Gambucci spawn any coaches?  Serge sure put out a lot players. 

I used to work at Valley Golf Course when I was in college and Serge worked in the club house. Nice guy.