SiouxSports.com Forum

Tigers at Sioux

sioux fan in phoenix

That is very stupid.

I hate when I am right. I don't think CB has earned his money this year. He has had all year, and he can't get the team to perform on the power play, he can't utilize his goalies correctly, and he can't motivate his team to play. Last night on the radio he said they were going for a top 3 finish. I would love to see an ad in the Herald tomorrow for the head coach job. Let's see how he takes criticism like he gave Brandt.

That Mike ref they flew in sucked. He fell for every dive. He lost control of the game within five minutes of the game, so I'm surprised there weren't more fights.

The atmosphere sucked again. I don't see it coming back for Tech, but maybe the playoffs. For those thinking the students will not take criticism for being quiet, there were sheets with two anti-Chucky cheers handed out. The REA officials and police came down with a raid trying to figure out who handed them out. I never heard the cheers used, but maybe they were in section 107. Overall, a crappy weekend of hockey. How many wake-up calls does the team and CB need? :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some thoughts:

1. CC is MUCH MUCH better than their record and standing. I would not like to be the team to face them in the opening round.

2. I hate to say it, but the Woog's of this world are mostly right. Jones is all around solid, but except for Bina, the others are pretty slow and don't handle the puck real well.

3. Our goaltending is not as bad as some in the media make it out to be, but it certainly isn't a strength.

4. Maybe it's the schedule, maybe it's a lack of leadership, but UND is swooning. They are fading just like they did last year. That doesn't mean they can't turn it around, but they do not look like a championship team at this point.

5. Where did you go Bo?

6. Is it me or is tackling a standard defensive technique now in the WCHA?

Some thoughts: 

1. CC is MUCH MUCH better than their record and standing.  I would not like to be the team to face them in the opening round.

2. I hate to say it, but the Woog's of this world are mostly right.  Jones is all around solid, but except for Bina, the others are pretty slow and don't handle the puck real well.

3. Our goaltending is not as bad as some in the media make it out to be, but it certainly isn't a strength.

4. Maybe it's the schedule, maybe it's a lack of leadership, but UND is swooning.  They are fading just like they did last year.  That doesn't mean they can't turn it around, but they do not look like a championship team at this point.   

5. Where did you go Bo?

1. agree

2. agree

3. Brandt is good, but the way CB plays the goalies makes us bad

4. agree

5. wish I knew (Maybe posing half-naked for pictures)

6. unfortunately, yes

Some thoughts:

1. CC is MUCH MUCH better than their record and standing. I would not like to be the team to face them in the opening round.

2. I hate to say it, but the Woog's of this world are mostly right. Jones is all around solid, but except for Bina, the others are pretty slow and don't handle the puck real well.

4. Maybe it's the schedule, maybe it's a lack of leadership, but UND is swooning. They are fading just like they did last year. That doesn't mean they can't turn it around, but they do not look like a championship team at this point.

5. Where did you go Bo?

Agree...a little.

CC is a better team than their record shows. I give them credit for coming out and playing hard tonight. Believe it or not I think we outplayed CC tonight. Stuart, Cnazanello, and the rest of their D-corps didn't let us get a lot of chances and those we did get, we didn't capitalize on. Woog is right about not having an offensive defenseman, that is it. JPar was hung out to dry on at least 3 of the goals tonight (a few nice one-timers). Broken down coverage was the reason for them. We played with no heart after their 2nd goal in the 2nd. In the third, CC sat back and played defense.

And swooning? Are you kidding me? This is not like last year. Blais said so himself in the postgame. CB said there's great leadership in the locker room, and we've played great the last 4 games. Just haven't gotten the breaks. Bochenski had some great chances tonight, but couldn't finnish.

Brandt really has had only one bad game this year I think (maybe I'm wrong). I think we should throw him in and live or die by him down the stretch. JPar is not bad and I certainly don't blame him for the loss tonight, but Brandt has proven he has the ability to get hot down the stretch. His best game may have been against UMD last year in the Final5.

And swooning?  Are you kidding me?  This is not like last year.  Blais said so himself in the postgame.  CB said there's great leadership in the locker room, and we've played great the last 4 games.  Just haven't gotten the breaks.  Bochenski had some great chances tonight, but couldn't finnish.

I'm just going by the numbers. I stopped caring about "bounces" and "breaks" last season.

I think that REA and Roger Thomas are just fine. This was rather short notice, so it isn't a real big suprise that thte atmosphere stunk, especially considering how tonight's game went. Something should and probably will happen over the next two weeks before the Tech series. Kupchella on the other hand can just plan old go to hell. His elitist attitude is REALLY starting to anger me. While REA/AD seem to want to work with the students, Kupchella does not. He doesn't want to listen to Roger Thomas either. I really don't know what his problem is, but it isn't that students are swearing. He is like the Grinch Who Ruined UND (<----There is a sign for the Tech series). Stupid jerk. :D

I am taking this leadership class. It involves a different speaker every week. The speakers all seem to have a common thread in their talks, treat your employees/other people with respect and listen to them. Work with them, give them tasks that play to their strengths. Compliment them when they do good, tell them when they aren't. Whatever you are in charge, make it enjoyable for others. Make it so they enjoy their time at work, voluntering, whatever. If you do these things, you will become a good leader. Kupchella does none of these things. How in the blue hell is he the leader of this University?

To those who are curious...here's one of the anti-Chucky cheers that were handed out:

Gimme a Kup: Kup!

Gimme a Chel: Chel!

Gimme a La: La!

What's that spell?...Kupchella!

What's that mean?...Sellout! Sellout! Sellout!

I agree with Diggler (apocalypse)...RT and REA seem to want to work WITH the students, Kupchella just wants the excitement at UND to rival that of a chess match.

All I can say is:

1) Thank goodness it's my last season in GF. Yeah, I will be around for the first half of next season, but I'm not going to try for season tickets.

2) I am NEVER ever going to give a dime to the UND almuni association as long as Kupchella is in power and as long as the students are treated in this fashion. I may not give a dime to the alumni people regardless of who is President.

The atmosphere sucked. However 10 to 1 Kupchella walked out happy.

We didn't play well tonight folks. I just wish we could close out a series against a decent opponent for once.

2) I am NEVER ever going to give a dime to the UND almuni association as long as Kupchella is in power and as long as the students are treated in this fashion.  I may not give a dime to the alumni people regardless of who is President.

Can't belive I'm agreeing with you, but I do.

You are probably wrong about Kupchella walking out happy, though. I doubt he was there. He was probably at Tabula's playing folk tunes to a crying audience. :D

I have a kid in many of my classes. He is incredibly intelligent, but he has no people skills whatsoever. Asperger's Disease I think it is called. Seems to me Kupchella has this also. He's got the interpersonal skills of Ted Kazinkski.

To me this was the most disappointing loss of the season. To lose at home 4-1 to a bottom half team in the WCHA is not good. At this point I cannot be too optimistic about gaining more than a split next weekend at Mankato. Remember last year we got swept there, granted Mankato is not the same team this year but I am losing confidence in this Sioux team. If we don't pick things up the Sioux will be lucky to get a point at the DECC. I watched both games between UMD and MN and Duluth looked great. They have a main ingredient that the Sioux lack and that is consistent goaltending. Blais must have a personal vendetta against Brandt, I cannot believe he did not start tonight. I do not understand the favoritism toward JPAr. You cannot blame one guy for a loss but from the sound of it he did not have a stellar game tonight. Considering the Sioux are 2-4-1 in their last 7 since the Sat. night loss at MN you can make the argument that a second half flop is upon us. I usually do not like to take the negative view but this is the time of year when teams are getting primed for the playoffs not trying to answer questions regarding who your top goaltender is and trying to account for defensive breakdowns. IMO besides Jones and Greene the rest of the D need a lot of work. That being said I am a Sioux fan until the end and will not give up on the team until elimination, it is very frustrating to lay an egg like this against a team that we should beat especially at home.

It's too bad what's happening to the students. Did they seriously kick people out for doing the 'who's he' chant? Other than the game itself, the students are the best part about college hockey. I like the excitement they bring and I even like a little profanity once in a while. It reminds me that I too used to be young and happy once. :D:p

Will the students be around for the Tech series or is it spring break?

Wilbur's top five reasons that UND has the worst student section in college hockey.

1. They put us at center ice

2. They make us sit down

3. Controlling the language

4. Did I mention we have to sit down

5. One word, Kupchella.

I think that we have the best student fans in the country, but our student section sucks because of the admin. If anybody watched the Wisco UND game last weekend you saw the UW section going absolutely crazy and having a great time. If UND students did that their tickets would be given to a local church group.

IF THEY EVER HAND OUT A FLYER THAT THREATENS TO TAKE MY SEASON TICKETS AWAY AGAIN I'M ORGANIZING A PROTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

We should organize a walk out. Wouldn't that be great to see an entire student section walk out and then have someone leave a sign or something that says F*uck Kupchella. I would feel bad for the hockey team, but its something that totally needs to be done.

Anybody have any ideas about what we can do??

I don't know if we should do a walk out. What would it really prove? I'm not gonna purposely hurt the players, whether it is directed at them or not. While I'd love to leave a sign that said something like that, what does it prove? On the other hand, starting a petition about how Kupchella should be canned or something, would be a good idea to me. What do I know though?

I have been going to UND games for many years, This has gotten out of hand, the students are what makes the atmosphere at the games, they get the crowd going, or at least they try to. I was at the game tonight and i would have sworn everyone in my section was glued to there seats. I may be rambling a bit, but we sat ath the bar afterwards and everyone there said the same thing, that Kupchella has taken the fun out of hockey games, and without crowd support, the games are lacluster. :D

The REA is a great facility with one MAJOR flaw...it was not built with a student section in mind. When it was being designed, everyone knew that the students stood. They should have built a place on the end somewhere where standing would not block others' view.

It's too late to do anything about that now, but the AD seriously needs to move the students to an end. The student senate needs to stop fighting for the red line seats. It simply has to get done. Rope off the top two rows so the suiteholders can see and let the students stand all they want. I don't know why this hasn't been done yet.

FWIW, I sit with old suiteholders when I go to games, and I've never heard anyone complain about swearing. Most kind of chuckle. I could be wrong, but I think the complaining comes from a minority of fans. People today are too sensitive about their precious kids hearing bad words. I guess I'm unrefined, socially irresponsible, and hopelessly old school, but I don't believe swearing at hockey games will irreperably harm kids or anyone else. I'm all for new and cleaner cheers, but they need to be gradually integrated in a non-threatening way to preserve some sort of atmosphere.

I don't know if we should do a walk out. What would it really prove? I'm not gonna purposely hurt the players, whether it is directed at them or not. While I'd love to leave a sign that said something like that, what does it prove? On the other hand, starting a petition about how Kupchella should be canned or something, would be a good idea to me. What do I know though?

I was thinking more to the effect of getting the ears of the money/power brokers at UND. Money talks... Maybe talk to the Alumni assocation they are the ones that count. This past weekend the arena was pretty passive. Not too intimidating if you ask me.

Kupchella has taken the fun out of hockey games, and without crowd support, the games are lacluster. :D

Couldn't have said it better myself. The University will not be seeing a dime (which, might be all I can afford for a while :p ) of my money in donations until Kupchella is out. The best season of Sioux hockey I've seen has been my freshman year. The last year at the old Englestad. I have so many great memories from that place. Probably more in that one season than the last 3 at the Ralph.

THe whole problem with swearing is because of what happened down in Alabama during the FB game. ESPN told Thomas they couldn't broadcast the game with the amount UND students/fans were swearing.

I think the students should be moved too. The problem is that they should be moved to the corner where UND shoots twice. This probably won't happen though. So when you have the choice between center ice seats and seats on the end UND shoots once, center ice are still better no matter what their flaws. Standing really isn't that big of a deal I guess. I just want everyone to work together so the games can be fun. It seems like having fun isn't allowed anymore though. :D

Yeah I agree Goon. Only problem is that suprisingly, I don't seem to have much pull with rich Alumni. :p So I was just speaking on things the students could do.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The University will not be seeing a dime (which, might be all I can afford for a while :p ) of my money in donations until Kupchella is out. The best season of Sioux hockey I've seen has been my freshman year. The last year at the old Englestad. I have so many great memories from that place. Probably more in that one season than the last 3 at the Ralph.

I suppose the next thing they will do is take the beer out of the arena. Tonights game could only be watched by sucking down a couple of cold one.

I thought the letter they place on all the seats last night was Busch League. What a way to start the weekend.