SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

Wrong. NDSU does not want an annual game against a non conference FCS opponent. Takes away from having a bye, 6 home games, and being able to schedule either an FBS school or a top tier FCS school.

It is not good for the program at NDSU and does not follow the model we currently have in place that is enabling us to be the best FCS program.

Want the game annually? Join the MV like the rest of the Dakota schools.

You're that predictable person I was talking about; NDSU wins next season and you'll want the game every season. UND wins and you'll be even more against it.

What is foolish is the two state universities located 70 miles apart chose not to go D1 at the same time and did not end up in the same conference due to one university deciding to focus their time and resources towards defending a racial, hostel and abusive nickname instead of pursuing conference affiliation with other regional D1 universities.

NDSU fans get that the biggest thing at UND is playing NDSU. This game, while fun, is not more important than winning national championships for the fans of NDSU. Playing a non conference team every year impedes NDSU's ability to maximize their chances at winning national championships.

Excuse me...RACIAL, HOSTILE (not hostel), Abusive. My man, the lack of sex is getting to your brain. You are probably one of those fans that played in high school and in 12th grade were still on J.V. Get out of here with that BULLS&^%. You are so freaking pathetic. The biggest thing at UND is playing NDSU. You are such a loser that I really can't believe they even let you in this forum. You sound like a B*&CH. You can't imagine how idiotic you sound. I have never been so pissed at ignorance as that moronic, ignorant, stupid, asinine, brainless,... There are not enough adjectives that describes how un intelligent you sound.

Ya and those games aren't annual against the same team are they?

I know it is your wet dream to play NDSU annually rather than winning national championships. I get it.

How does playing the same team make any difference in this scenario?  You have the same number of games to play.  You have the same number of conference games to play.  Does playing the same conference teams every year somehow hamper your efforts to win the national title?  The fact that you play the same conference teams every year destroys this very weak point you tried to make.

If UND beats NDSU next season they will do what they can to cancel the 2019 game. (FBS moveup?)

First, dream on! Second, there will be no attempt to cancel the 2019 game for any reason by NDSU. NDSU simply doesn't do that.

Now, should NDSU have the chance to move up to FBS by then, I can definitely see UND canceling the game. That would fit their MO. 

Your last sentence is exactly why Roger Thomas didn't play NDSU in 2004 or whenever it was. It impeded on winning a championship. His reason was a clearly written NCAA rule. The reason you don't want to play UND is because it's a non conference game. You need to be more specific here on why a non conference game stands between NDSU and another title. I just don't see the obstruction other than losing.

1.) 6 home games every year is important for revenue generation and for fan satisfaction.

2.) Trying to get annual regional FBS games is important for revenue generation and recruiting.

3.) Scheduling competitive nationally ranked non conference FCS teams is important for playoff positioning which helps us win National Championships.

4.) Having a bye is important for player health which helps us win national championships.

5.) Annual, but non renewing, home at NDSU games against cupcake teams is important to have early in the season to gain player confidence and for coaching experimentation.

NDSU has followed this scheduling philosophy and the results have been fantastic. You start scheduling a non conference team annually and one of these has to go and limits NDSU's chances at a national championship.

I have said time and time again that I would support UND's membership in the MV. They can do that, have an annual game against NDSU, and NDSU can continue doing the above to help them win national championships.

SiouxSports.com...a place where Bison fans can enlighten University of North Dakota fans about football...and some other interests of theirs. 

Ya and those games aren't annual against the same team are they?

I know it is your wet dream to play NDSU annually rather than winning national championships. I get it.

Here's another example for you.

1.) 6 home games every year is important for revenue generation and for fan satisfaction.

2.) Trying to get annual regional FBS games is important for revenue generation and recruiting.

3.) Scheduling competitive nationally ranked non conference FCS teams is important for playoff positioning which helps us win National Championships.

4.) Having a bye is important for player health which helps us win national championships.

5.) Annual, but non renewing, home at NDSU games against cupcake teams is important to have early in the season to gain player confidence and for coaching experimentation.

NDSU has followed this scheduling philosophy and the results have been fantastic. You start scheduling a non conference team annually and one of these has to go.

What about when you guys no longer sell out every home game? My cousin was lamenting how he gave up a bunch of season tickets because nobody would go with him. Now he can't get any more and people are begging him to bring them to games. Eventually a UND game will be valued as a sure sellout and will be one of few sellouts in a year for NDSU.

From a Bison fan I know -

Bison students send back 400 unused tickets for this weekends game......the biggest game of the year against their rival SDSU.  How can that be?  It's a good thing their is enough Concordia and MSU grads in town to scoop them up and hop on the wagon.

NDSU has followed this scheduling philosophy and the results have been fantastic. You start scheduling a non conference team annually and one of these has to go and limits NDSU's chances at a national championship.

I have said time and time again that I would support UND's membership in the MV. They can do that, have an annual game against NDSU, and NDSU can continue doing the above to help them win national championships.

Who is your FBS opponent next year? That cancels out #2. When you go to Montana and EWU how many home games you going to have with an FBS game thrown in there, that cancels out #1. What rank was IW, Ferris St, Weber St, Wagner, that cancels out #3. You are on a roll today.

Who is your FBS opponent next year? That cancels out #2. When you go to Montana and EWU how many home games you going to have with an FBS game thrown in there, that cancels out #1. What rank was IW, Ferris St, Weber St, Wagner, that cancels out #3. You are on a roll today.

They played Lafayette and St Francis in 2011, doesn't fit his theory.  Robert Morris and Prairieview A&M in 2012 doesn't fit the theory.  Ferris State and Deleware State in 2013 doesn't fit his theory.

No FBS team in 2015, but always scheduling UND ensures we have to give up something else. We have 6 home games next year when we play at Montana. 2017 schedule, when they play at EWU, is not completed yet. IW, Ferris state etc. is a part of having the annual cupcake game at home.

listen bison fans; It's very respectable what your team has done. And if now, you want to beat on a dead horse, that's fine. But don't come here as if you are all high and mighty. I hope you do go to the FBS level. A respectable one so you can really see what you're in for. The sunbelt, come'on man!!! Have cojones and go ALL AMERICAN at least.

For now, show a little respect.

Next year, that's when it gets real.

The fact this is even debated is foolish. UND is FCS; NDSU is FCS. They are 70 miles apart for goodness sake! They have an extensive history and tradition....play the damn game!

I compare NDSU fans to very small children; they don't like something until they try it.

I give Bubba credit for just getting this thing going again. Once everyone experiences this thing next season, NDSU and UND fans alike will forget all about these arguments and want the game annually.

Trust me, it'll be that good.

Wow, NDSU fans don't like something until they try it? The two schools have played 110 times by my count.

We've tried it ... we don't like it..

No FBS team in 2015, but always scheduling UND ensures we have to give up something else. We have 6 home games next year when we play at Montana. 2017 schedule, when they play at EWU, is not completed yet. IW, Ferris state etc. is a part of having the annual cupcake game at home.

So 1 and 2 don't go together. I always thought that Bison fans said it did. So scheduling cupcakes and ranked OOC teams don't go together. So out of your 5 choices its a pick 1 for the season.

Wow, NDSU fans don't like something until they try it? The two schools have played 110 times by my count.

Maybe UND should cancel volleyball and WBB games with NDSU since you guys are bottom feeders and bad for our RPI.

So 1 and 2 don't go together. I always thought that Bison fans said it did. So scheduling cupcakes and ranked OOC teams don't go together. So out of your 5 choices its a pick 1 for the season.[/quote

Darell,

This year's NDSU schedule includes all of the elements listed above which is what NDSU shoots for every year.

Next year UND is the cupcake home game. It works for 2015 I guess, but not every year.

The schedule doesn't always work out, but keeping your options open, rather than tying your foot to the sinking ship of UND, is wise.

Then we get to hear Dom Izzo and Bison fans cry they need another game, we need another game.

You are too big of a pussy to even know what a rivalry is.  Talk to the guys that played or are playing, nothing beats a true rivalry game. (not a made up one, SDSU)

This is a discussion about football, isn't it?

Do whatever is best for your program and schedule accordingly.

Is it? You through out about the DI move and that included all sports did it not? You must be one of them I only cheer for football and whatever sport is only doing good.