SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of 10-20-14

Matt

And UND isn't? You are worried about losing aren't you.

Holy crap Darell! You must be a genius! I have only stated on here a dozen times today that yes, I am worried about the effects of football at NDSU from losing this game and also my feelings that this represents the majority of the NDSU fan base as to why they don't want to play UND.

Very confident NDSU will win. I feel there is no reward to the risk.

WSU is worse than UND but you have no problem scheduling them. UND has at least beaten ranked teams in the last 5 years. I think Weber has about 5 wins in the last 5 years.

Taylor was in good graces with the AD for Weber giving us a home and home when we were in transition which is part of why he did it. I remember listening him saying this to McFooly on KFGO after he announced the game.

I wouldn't consider not scheduling an OOC game with a team that has zero significant DI wins to be "running." If that's what you mean.

Not scheduling a game against a 100 year rival, located 70 miles away, in the same state, when you play at the same level of competition with equal scholarships would be considered "running".

Holy crap Darell! You must be a genius! I have only stated on here a dozen times today that yes, I am worried about the effects of football at NDSU from losing this game and also my feelings that this represents the majority of the NDSU fan base as to why they don't want to play UND.

I know I just like hearing you say that you're worried.

Because it helps UND immeasurably

I think the most unobjective UND fan out there would admit that there would be few things that could help UND out quicker than beating NDSU and gaining a foothold on recruiting in this region.

This game has the chance to help UND immensely. I bet even Darell would be willing to say this.

I know I just like hearing you say that you're worried.

I am not scared of playing UND the football team. In 2015 they will be horseshit again, although better than 2014.

I am scared about the possible risks of playing UND the football program, who recruits against NDSU on 99% of the regional players and who could severely impact the future success of NDSU in the recruiting area with a win.

No problem at all Darell saying this. I speak the truth rather than hiding how I really feel. Ask any honest Bison fan and they will tell you too.

I am not scared of playing UND the football team. In 2015 they will be horseshit again, although better than 2014.

I am scared about the possible risks of playing UND the football program, who recruits against NDSU on 99% of the regional players and who could severely impact the future success of NDSU in the recruiting area with a win.

No problem at all Darell saying this. I speak the truth rather than hiding how I really feel.

3 time FCS champs is worried about recruiting against 3 win UND?

WSU is worse than UND but you have no problem scheduling them. UND has at least beaten ranked teams in the last 5 years. I think Weber has about 5 wins in the last 5 years.

So? NDSU schedules who it wants. It happens that Weber helped NDSU during its transition and UND did not.

So? NDSU schedules who it wants. It happens that Weber helped NDSU during its transition and UND did not.

Maybe because Weber was already DI? Also USD didn't help you but you were quick in scheduling a 2 for 1 with them. Funny how that goes.

Did NDSU even offer USD a continued home and home agreement? Didn't recall that ever happening. You know why? Because it didn't.

Funny how NDSU kept changing the terms of the h/h with Faison and at the same time USD, SDSU and Montana had no problem scheduling a h/h with UND. Guess their AD was never a dick like GT was.

Funny how NDSU kept changing the terms of the h/h with Faison and at the same time USD, SDSU and Montana had no problem scheduling a h/h with UND. Guess their AD was never a dick like GT was.

One more time and after I am done arguing this with you. You can't argue with someone who has no idea what they are arguing about.

2003 and 2004 GT BEGGED UND for a game. RT said no. 2005 no offered game. Starting in 2006 NDSU starts building this machine and beating FBS teams. UND comes knocking on the door, after thumbing their noses at NDSU and trying to burry us, and you think GT should just be all cherry and accept it?

Before GT ever changed the terms, or however you see it, there was a gigantic arrogant dick named Roger Thomas who ruined this rivalry. We would not even be here discussing this today had Roger Thomas kept the rivalry game alive.

No but from 1994 through 2002 they were pretty successful. Talent pool was split.

Older NDSU fans will explain to you that UND caught up because Division II would only let NDSU have 36 scholarships.  They couldn't stockpile players anymore.  Suddenly they had to play by the same rules as everyone else, and that wouldn't let them dominate any more.  That was unfair to NDSU in the minds of your fellow NDSU fans.

Maybe because Weber was already DI? Also USD didn't help you but you were quick in scheduling a 2 for 1 with them. Funny how that goes.

Again, what's the point? NDSU scheduled USD because doing was in its best interest.

NDSU schedules who it wants to schedule and does not owe you, or anyone else, an explanation.