SiouxSports.com Forum

Bubba's Staff: Who's it gonna be?.......and when?

Siouxperfan777

So it seems as though the staff is complete with the exception of a WR coach. Rumor is that Freund may get that spot which seems kind of a token hire. He doesn't have any WR experience at the coaching level. Too bad they don't seem to be giving the same thought to WR coach as they have to other positions. I also heard that the offense will be more conservative and stick to a pro style offense. Personally, I love the spread and what well coached teams can do from the spread. I just hope we don't become ultra conservative on the offensive side because it sounded like Bubba was anything but conservative on the defensive side of the ball.

I hope Freund gets WR job. He is a former QB and has coached running backs and QBs. Seems it like it would be no more of a stretch than Schwenzfier coaching LBs.

Regarding offensive philosophy, I agree that spreading it out and chuckingthepigskin is fun to watch, but to me the most exciting offense to watch is one made up of 7 minute drives with the majority of first downs coming on running plays. To me there is nothing more frustrating to a defense than a 10 yard run.

I am a huge NE Patriots fan. They won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years by having an intelligent and efficient QB hand it off all day to a bruising RB that followed a methodical offensive line. When they started having Brady chuck it around 50 times a game, they haven't had the same results the last 7 or 8 years.

Good luck coaching 30 year old vets

What's there to be wrong about? Do you honestly think that Santana Moss will have 0 issues having an offensive coordinator with less football experience than him? It will be interesting to see what happens when they disagree on a philosophy or play call. It shouldn't be an issue but there is tons of potential for an issue if things don't go swimmingly.

What's there to be wrong about? Do you honestly think that Santana Moss will have 0 issues having an offensive coordinator with less football experience than him? It will be interesting to see what happens when they disagree on a philosophy or play call. It shouldn't be an issue but there is tons of potential for an issue if things don't go swimmingly.

McVay isn't calling the plays.