SiouxSports.com Forum

FCS Polls Week of September 30th

Matt

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/cfoot225poll.aspx

The Sports Network FCS Top 25

College Football Poll

Team (First-place votes) 2013 Record Points Previous Rank

1. North Dakota State Bison (157) 4-0 3949 1

2. Sam Houston State Bearkats (1) 4-1 3673 4

3. Towson Tigers 5-0 3645 3

4. Northern Iowa Panthers 4-0 3492 5

5. Eastern Illinois Panthers 4-1 3156 8

6. Eastern Washington Eagles 2-2 3050 2

7. South Dakota State Jackrabbits 3-2 2581 6

8. Montana State Bobcats 3-2 2561 11

9. Coastal Carolina Chanticleers 5-0 2478 12

10. Montana Grizzlies 3-1 1964 7

11. McNeese State Cowboys 4-1 1836 9

12. Fordham Rams 5-0 1832 16

13. Lehigh Mountain Hawks 4-0 1764 21

14. Central Arkansas Bears 2-2 1763 13

15. Northern Arizona Lumberjacks 3-1 1711 24

16. Georgia Southern Eagles 3-1 1635 15

17. Wofford Terriers 2-2 1203 17

18. Cal Poly Mustangs 2-2 1195 18

19. New Hampshire Wildcats 1-2 1162 10

20. Villanova Wildcats 2-2 1002 19

21. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 3-1 947 20

22. Tennessee-Martin Skyhawks 3-1 724 23

23. Maine Black Bears 4-1 702 NR

24. Delaware Blue Hens 4-1 671 NR

25. Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs 4-1 570 25

Others receiving votes: Youngstown State 555, James Madison 544, William & Mary 235, Southern Utah 180, North Carolina A&T 126, Richmond 83, Tennessee State 59, Samford 46, Illinois State 45, Charleston Southern 41, Southeastern Louisiana 33, Harvard 31, Jacksonville State 27, Chattanooga 27, Stony Brook 17, Western Illinois 9, South Carolina State 7, Murray State 6, Portland State 6, Liberty 4, Sacred Heart 3

The Big Sky has 5 teams in the top 18. The MVFC has 3 teams in the top 25. I would say from top to bottom the Big Sky is probably a little stronger than the MVFC. Without a doubt the Bison are clearly the best team out their though . I think SDSU is a rated a little higher than they should be. Even UND had a chance to tie them in the last 2 minutes of our game with them and UND is not very good. I think quite a few teams from the Big sky and Sam Houston and UNI are going to be battling it out for 2nd place. The Bison can start making a place for their 3rd trophy.

The Big Sky has 5 teams in the top 18. The MVFC has 3 teams in the top 25. I would say from top to bottom the Big Sky is probably a little stronger than the MVFC. Without a doubt the Bison are clearly the best team out their though . I think SDSU is a rated a little higher than they should be. Even UND had a chance to tie them in the last 2 minutes of our game with them and UND is not very good. I think quite a few teams from the Big sky and Sam Houston and UNI are going to be battling it out for 2nd place. The Bison can start making a place for their 3rd trophy.

not according to Sagarin, GPI, etc...

MVFC has the #29 and 51 ranked team in all College football in the Sagarin, closest Big Sky is EWU at #84

Towson and Eastern Ill are higher than any BSC school

not according to Sagarin, GPI, etc...

MVFC has the #29 and 51 ranked team in all College football in the Sagarin, closest Big Sky is EWU at #84

Towson and Eastern Ill are higher than any BSC school

And according to Sagarin Ferris St is better than Cal Poly, Villanova, and Tulane. Sagarin is a joke.

• Upvote 1

ysu is way underrated in the press poll. 15th in ags, 22nd coaches.

I too think SDSU is overrated...I think Sam Houston is better than anything the Big Sky can offer....they did just beat EWU while throwing the ball only 8 times.

And according to Sagarin Ferris St is better than Cal Poly, Villanova, and Tulane. Sagarin is a joke.

NDSU beat Montana back in '03....that Montana team ended up being pretty solid. UNd beat UNI, that UNI team was alright too. You think because NDSU beat Ferris convincingly that Ferris can't be good? Not outlandish for a D-II team to beat a solid FCS team. I don't know if they would...but I wouldn't be shocked if Ferris knocked someone in the FCS off..

ysu is way underrated in the press poll. 15th in ags, 22nd coaches.

I don't think YSU is all that good.

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/socon/FCS/polls/2013/2013_FCS_Coaches_Poll/index.html

North Dakota State Remains Unanimous No. 1, Three New Teams Enter Top 10 in FCS Coaches Poll

SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Three teams entered the top 10 of the FCS Coaches Poll this week, with Eastern Illinois, Coastal Carolina and Lehigh jumping seven, six and seven spots, respectively, in the rankings. North Dakota State kept a strong hold on the No. 1 slot, notching all 26 first-place votes for the fourth consecutive week.

The Bison shut out South Dakota State 20-0 on Saturday, holding last week’s sixth-ranked team to minus-32 yards rushing and 124 yards of total offense on the day. NDSU will face another top-10 opponent this week, as the Bison welcome No. 4 Northern Iowa to the Fargodome.

Towson sits at No. 2 again this week, picking up 623 points from the coaches. Sam Houston State (599) moved up one spot to fourth following a 49-35 win over then-No. 3 Eastern Washington. Northern Iowa (567) also inched up a spot in the rankings to No. 4. The Panthers dropped McNeese State, which was ranked No. 9 last week, 41-6 on Saturday.

Eastern Illinois jumped seven spots into the top five for the first time this season, earning 485 points. Coastal Carolina pushed forward six spots in the rankings to No. 6 after moving to 5-0 with a 53-28 win at Elon on Saturday. Montana State (465) is seventh, followed by Eastern Washington (450), South Dakota State (432) and Lehigh (345) rounding out the top 10.

Central Arkansas (336) moved forward to No. 11, while Montana (330) droped from the top 10 to the No. 12 slot. Fordham jumped three spots this week to settle at No. 13, followed by McNeese State (320) and Wofford (298).

Bethune-Cookman slid up to No. 16 with 256 points, while Northern Arizona (242) jumped five spots to No. 17 this week. New Hampshire fell 11 spots to No. 18 after suffering a 34-27 defeat at the hands of Lehigh.

Cal Poly in 19th with 198 points, followed by Villanova (168), James Madison (122) and Youngstown State (117).

Three new teams enter the poll, with Maine (103) taking the No. 23 ranking. Gardner-Webb (49) and Delaware (47) make their debuts at No. 24 and No. 25, respectively.

Richmond, Stony Brook and Illinois State dropped from the rankings.

The FCS Coaches Poll is based exclusively on a voting panel of head coaches in the FCS under the cooperation of the Collegiate Commissioners Association (CCA) and the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) and is administered by the Southern Conference.