SiouxSports.com Forum

Denver Info

hockeyfan19

There are a couple bars right by the DU campus (can't remember names), but your best bet for going out post-game is in the downtown/16th St mall area. It's a quick and easy lightrail ride from DU. For hotels, I strongly recommend either staying downtown or somewhere very close to a lightrail station. It's significantly more convenient (even if you aren't drinking) when you don't have to worry about driving everywhere.

Tour a brewery during the day if you get time. Here is a good place to start: http://www.denver.org/dining-nightlife/bars-clubs/denver-brewery-tours

Not really a bad seat in Magnus. Last season my family sat in the season ticket section right behind Gwozs' family. They didn't like us too much.

Or since the series in in January get up early and go skiing!

Try to spend some time in the LoDo area. Very cool stores, restaurants and bars in a very well done part of town.

Excellent point!

I remember the "old days" before Coors Field. LoDo had a few nightclubs and bars, but overall it was a scary warehouse district. Coors Field changed everything. I never supported building the new Mile High or whatever they call it now. 8 home games? Not worth it. But, 80+ home games for baseball...all worth it. Thus, we now have this great area around Coors Field.

El Chaputapec if you love jazz. It is about 3 blocks east of Coors Field and has been there forever. Quite a history of jazz music there. It was a stopover bar for great musicians to play between New York, Chicago, KC and the west coast.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...