SiouxSports.com Forum

Is Sanford the "Walmart" of healthcare?

Matt

Experienced first hand the abuse of the ER. I was working for myself a few months ago, walked outside to fill a bucket of water at night to clean my tools. Wrong step and slammed into a five foot deep egress basement hole. Gouged my leg and slammed my side hard. Knowing I needed stitches (10) and possibly something wrong slamming my stomach I went to the er about ten at night. Busy as heck at altru. I guess they go based on need. I think I got in about six am. Talked to a women there while waiting. Sounded like she was there every other week. Something about her knee hurting. Probably all that weight she was carrying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I read "what's bothering you today"....

I'm going to post my question here for yzerman since you claim you work for an insurance company?

I have to buy health insurance or get fined. My question is will my insurance go up every month if I get sick? Cancer? Surgery? And if it does by how much on average?

Here is what I dont get, everyone complains about the abuse in ER's, including me. They (freeloaders)go there because they have no insurance and they get help and us tax payers end up paying for it! Now all the freeloaders have insurance, they go to the doctor not the ER and the bill is less, so us tax payers will Pay less right? Why does so many complain about that when we haven't even tried it yet?

Also everyone in thevpast would agree that hostpitals charge way too much, now the new health care is reeling that amount in some and they are awful for doing it and we are all going to have bad care now! I don't understand the complaint! Let's try it and then judge it?

Here is what I dont get, everyone complains about the abuse in ER's, including me. They (freeloaders)go there because they have no insurance and they get help and us tax payers end up paying for it! Now all the freeloaders have insurance, they go to the doctor not the ER and the bill is less, so us tax payers will Pay less right? Why does so many complain about that when we haven't even tried it yet?

Also everyone in thevpast would agree that hostpitals charge way too much, now the new health care is reeling that amount in some and they are awful for doing it and we are all going to have bad care now! I don't understand the complaint! Let's try it and then judge it?

And you really think the freeloaders will get insurance? Most of them don't even work or if they do work are paid under the table. Thus they don't pay taxes and will have no tax penalty. The system is not only not changing this....it's motivating more to become freeloaders:/

....it's motivating more to become freeloaders

Yup. Like it said in the article I linked, admittedly anecdotally, people are saying they won't buy insurance, pay the fine, and then only buy insurance when they get sick because pre-existing conditions must be accepted. As long as the fine is cheaper, that's the smart economics route.

....it's motivating more to become freeloaders.

I cringe at the thought of this. The healthcare system is already abused enough by those who get their care for "free". It does nothing more than promote personal unaccountability, entitlement, lack of respect for those providing the care and breeds generation after generation of "freeloaders". It's sad to see and witness but has become the new "normal" in this country. Least the new fed healthcare insurance registration website works like a charm!