SiouxSports.com Forum

Omaha Trip Reports

runaroundsioux

Ah, good old Danny's -- the trip where I did NOT meet AZSIOUX, despite sitting at a table next to him at a bar all night (BW3 maybe?)

That's right Jim!! I almost came over for a autograph thinking damn I'm eating wings next to Doogie himself! :)

I think Columbus was the trip my grandpa learned a lot more about his grandson than ever intended. Lol

Platinum Fox went from all the girls wearing everyones hat/jersey to be literally boarded up the next day. We all were so bummed because we had a whole day/night left in that hell hole of a motel/town outside Columbus. RIP 'the platinum fox' never did get my favorite sioux hat back from Fantasia dammit. Well that may be a good thing...

Almost forgot the best part of Columbus! That was watching 18 gophers dodging checks and getting mopped up for 60 minutes. That was a beat down

Well, that was something! Best-Sioux-Hockey-Trip-EVER!

I wasn't in Columbus in '05, so I'll second this one - Omaha is the trip to beat so far. Just seeing the massive amount of Sioux fans, and of course a sweep made it all that much better. And I'll never forget everybody grouping together by the locker room entrance chanting "This is our house", "Let's Go Sioux", and "Hobey Baker" as the team left the field. Simply awesome. If you haven't seen it, the Omaha newspaper has a great shot of this in their Battles on Ice slideshow.

http://odc.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=5002&p=4295#photo-showcase-battles-on-ice

I was in the upper level, 1st base side, and saw everyone rushing toward the 3rd base dugout after the Kristo goal to ice the game. I thought for a split-second about busting butt to get down there to join them; but thankfully I decided to stay put and take it all in from a distance. It was quite the spectacle and something I'll never forget.

We went down to Omaha the first time we played them in November 2010, and after that weekend I thought it would likely be on my list of "regular" road trips to make. Last weekend just solidified it for me.

Thursday: DJ's Dugout, dueling pianos playing In Heaven There Is No Beer, with 100 Sioux fans singing along. Friday: Edddie Belfour wearing a Sioux Jersey at the Mattress Factory and at the game. Home game at Century Center. WIN. Saturday: Another home game at T.D. Ameritrade. Wind,cold,snow,rain,bad ice, delays, $8.00 beer. Thousands of Sioux fans, WIN, seeing Hakstol SMILE during fan salute. Sunday: snow day in Sioux Falls, duck races, Schlossman and Miller, FUN. Mon: home (blah) Just a few highlights. The rest-What happens in Omaha stays in Omaha. EPIC!

Thursday: DJ's Dugout, dueling pianos playing In Heaven There Is No Beer, with 100 Sioux fans singing along. Friday: Edddie Belfour wearing a Sioux Jersey at the Mattress Factory and at the game. Home game at Century Center. WIN. Saturday: Another home game at T.D. Ameritrade. Wind,cold,snow,rain,bad ice, delays, $8.00 beer. Thousands of Sioux fans, WIN, seeing Hakstol SMILE during fan salute. Sunday: snow day in Sioux Falls, duck races, Schlossman and Miller, FUN. Mon: home (blah) Just a few highlights. The rest-What happens in Omaha stays in Omaha. EPIC!

Those were all great things to remember about the weekend that made it pretty sweet. Except for one thing. That was not Ed Belfour at the Old Mattress Factory Bar. I was there....close...but deffinitely not Eddie! Many people were duped by him!!