SiouxSports.com Forum

More game-worn jerseys

sprig

Call me a cynic, but I wonder if any of those will prove fraudulent? A lot of people placed a lot of bids on multiple jerseys -- I wonder if they all really wanted to win that many?

I was contacted about a month after the auction last year asking if still wanted to buy a Jersey. I was the 2nd highest bidder on one of the jerseys and I guess the guy who had the high bid turned out to be a fake or just didn't pay. So there is still hope.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The style wore in the late 90's and up to 2001. Gemini did not make the ones with the Blackhawks logo. I have one of those purchased in 1987 while the Sioux were on their way to another National Championship. I think it was made by CCH.

Gotcha. Got one of those right now.

I am really dissapointed because I had somebody in line to buy my old cheapo jersey.

Where could I find one of the silky textured ones with the Sioux head that is really detailed? I don't care if it is Gemini or Nike as long as it is the shiny material with the detailed face.

Are they selling these at the Ralph now or do they still just have the cheap look-a-likes?

or where could I find one on the Internet or somebody willing to sell one in case this Grosso or Furcich guy are fakes?

I am really dissapointed because I had somebody in line to buy my old cheapo jersey.

Where could I find one of the silky textured ones with the Sioux head that is really detailed? I don't care if it is Gemini or Nike as long as it is the shiny material with the detailed face.

Are they selling these at the Ralph now or do they still just have the cheap look-a-likes?

or where could I find one on the Internet or somebody willing to sell one in case this Grosso or Furcich guy are fakes?

A friend of mine bought one at the pro shop 2 years ago. Since then, whenever we have visited GF I've watched the Pro Shop, UND Bookstore, and Scheels and have never seen an authentic jersey. They've all been knock-offs of various levels of quality.

A friend of mine bought one at the pro shop 2 years ago. Since then, whenever we have visited GF I've watched the Pro Shop, UND Bookstore, and Scheels and have never seen an authentic jersey. They've all been knock-offs of various levels of quality.

I wish I could find an authentic, too, but I'd buy a replica if they would make them right. I haven't yet seen a home "replica" jersey that has the correct color of lettering for the word SIOUX spelled on the front. The "replica" jerseys made by Nike have it in green, when the authentics are in Black. Has anyone seen a newer replica jersey with black lettering on the front?

This is what I heard:

When Nike became the hockey team's "supplier" they shipped out jerseys that were not unlike the Nike ones you buy in the pro shop. Needless to say, Blais and the players were not impressed and refused to wear them. Under UND's prodding, Nike then went to Gemini to source out the Sioux jerseys but forbid Gemini from selling them to the public or even producing a replica. That is why you can't find a dazzle cloth Sioux jersey in the pro shop and also why they no longer sell the authentic jersey like they did 2 years ago.

I have no first hand knowledge of this, it is just what I have been told by someone else. It might 3rd, 4th or even 5th hand. I'll be the first to admit that I'm pretty far out of the loop. :D

I have no idea what UND gets out of the Nike relationship but I recall reading something not too long ago that suggested that Nike doesn't have to pay as much as you would think and in some cases, nothing at all. It seems alot of schools want to sport the swoosh. Pretty powerful marketing.

This is what I heard:

When Nike became the hockey team's "supplier" they shipped out jerseys that were not unlike the Nike ones you buy in the pro shop.  Needless to say, Blais and the players were not impressed and refused to wear them.  Under UND's prodding, Nike then went to Gemini to source out the Sioux jerseys but forbid Gemini from selling them to the public or even producing a replica.  That is why you can't find a dazzle cloth Sioux jersey in the pro shop and also why they no longer sell the authentic jersey like they did 2 years ago. 

I have no first hand knowledge of this, it is just what I have been told by someone else.  It might 3rd, 4th or even 5th hand.  I'll be the first to admit that I'm pretty far out of the loop.  :D

I have no idea what UND gets out of the Nike relationship but I recall reading something not too long ago that suggested that Nike doesn't have to pay as much as you would think and in some cases, nothing at all.  It seems alot of schools want to sport the swoosh.  Pretty powerful marketing.

I had also heard that Nike "screwed up" the first order, and they went back to Gemini for that first season in the Ralph. It's the first that I've heard that Gemini still makes the jerseys.

At least we can be thankful that we didn't get the same ugly design as every other "Nike " school in hockey. The low V neck that the Gophers and BC had a couple of years ago. Then the ugly matching gloves that had a different color running down the middle.

I bought a black Gemini jersey when they first came out, but the lettering is white. The only thing I don't like about these jerseys is that the material snags so easily.

I like mesh way more. Speaking of which, I bought one of the USA jerseys at the Ralph when I was home. I've worn it a few times out here and lots of people ask where they can get one. I also get lots of good comments on my Sioux jersey.