SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild fans: Ready for Boucher?

jimdahl

The Coyotes' backup netminder, Boucher, is riding 4 consecutive shutouts (tying the NHL record from 50 years ago), over four and a half hours, 265:46, of shutout. The last three games have been on the road. Friday he travels to Minnesota, 43:46 shy of the all-time shutout record set in 1949.

Meanwhile, the offensively slumping Wild broke out for a franchise best 7 goals last game.

Will the Wild score on Boucher within 43:46 at Xcel?

I'm saying this so that the Wild can prove me wrong. I say the shutout streek stays intact until well into the Third Period. I have not been impressed with the Wild offense at all this year. Their defense is pretty good, but they need to get things going if they are going to get anywhere this season. The Coyotes are streaky but they seem to be doing well with Boucher. I think they'll continue winning until the scoreless streak is snapped.

Again, the Wild will break the shutout streak. Just not until he set the record.

NOW: Comon wild, prove me wrong. Everyone else has at least once.

I find it funny that Philly didn't want him.

What's even funnier is that they chose Chechmanek over him and then, after putting up one of the best GAA and save % in the NHL, they run him out of town too. Philadelphia deserves Esche and Hackett, perhaps one of the most blase' tandems in the NHL along with Boston, Columbus, and Carolina. I leave out the Rangers out of respect for PCM.

I'm saying this so that the Wild can prove me wrong. I say the shutout streek stays intact until well into the Third Period. I have not been impressed with the Wild offense at all this year. Their defense is pretty good, but they need to get things going if they are going to get anywhere this season. The Coyotes are streaky but they seem to be doing well with Boucher. I think they'll continue winning until the scoreless streak is snapped.

Again, the Wild will break the shutout streak. Just not until he set the record.

NOW: Comon wild, prove me wrong. Everyone else has at least once.

yah, they have not been a very offensive team except in the catagory of stinking up the non-scoring catagory...next time I see my neighbor I just may have to sieve him for not scoring more. Considering where they were last year...maybe it is a curse of Minn teams this year...have a good year last year and then not be able to find themselves this year. :ohmy:

WPoS

What's even funnier is that they chose Chechmanek over him and then, after putting up one of the best GAA and save % in the NHL, they run him out of town too. Philadelphia deserves Esche and Hackett, perhaps one of the most blase' tandems in the NHL along with Boston, Columbus, and Carolina. I leave out the Rangers out of respect for PCM.

Add to that the Roman C great goaltender sent off to LA and Hacket basically shown the door in Boston because he sucked so bad... I am not sure how that is a up grade.