SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. ST. CLOUD - Saturday

AZSIOUX

Something is definitely not right, they are turning it on late that's for sure.

something isn't right. you have zero wins in the last fours games and yet have supposedly played well in three of them. that doesn't add up. if you play well and all you can do is get a tie, that isn't good. where are we going to turn it on in the next month? realistically split,split,split, sweep, split and that leaves you in a must win situation going into the wcha tournament. this team is doing itself no favors right now. you might not win titles in january, but you sure as hell can put yourself ina positon to not win one.

Especially since we have an older team and much of last year's team is back. Also, the addition of Rocco, Schmaltz (1st rounder), and Gothberg (5th rounder I believe and had a great Bruins development camp) should have also been a positive. Something is definitely not right, they are turning it on late that's for sure.

Gothberg a sixth rounder.

15/26 on roster are underclassmen.

something isn't right. you have zero wins in the last fours games and yet have supposedly played well in three of them. that doesn't add up. if you play well and all you can do is get a tie, that isn't good. where are we going to turn it on in the next month? realistically split,split,split, sweep, split and that leaves you in a must win situation going into the wcha tournament. this team is doing itself no favors right now. you might not win titles in january, but you sure as hell can put yourself ina positon to not win one.

Played well in three of "them" being games or periods? No disrespect intended. Just not sure what you mean.

Maybe we are trying to delay the second half surge a few weeks to time it right? ???

I doesn't look like any thing is being timed right after the last two weekends of play. The biggest disappointment is the defensive zone below the from the face off dots and below they are getting out played and it is becoming very costly. Saunders soft goals are more than frustrating, come out of the net and challenge the shooter! This first goal is just awful:

Another thing that irked me was a few of the players closing down Ground Round Thursday $2 teas night, I'm not their coach or parent but were is the personal discipline?

I doesn't look like any thing is being timed right after the last two weekends of play. The biggest disappointment is the defensive zone below the from the face off dots and below they are getting out played and it is becoming very costly. Saunders soft goals are more than frustrating, come out of the net and challenge the shooter! This first goal is just awful:

Another thing that irked me was a few of the players closing down Ground Round Thursday $2 teas night, I'm not their coach or parent but were is the personal discipline?

The goals you posted were against Gothberg.

Maybe we are trying to delay the second half surge a few weeks to time it right? ???

I sure hope. As long as this team gets into the national tournament I'll be happy. But if they are going to have to play 6 games in 9 days......(yale)

So far in the past three weekends, it's been hard for this team to get a W. We could only get 2 points from a struggling CC team, and we almost got sweept by them in their barn earlier. This team has a lot of ties, which kind of concerns me.

One thing that really irritates me is how the boys are not standing tall on the blue line. They just allow the forwards to cruise in and get a shot off. The defense in the past would always challenge. Another thing is the battles along the boards and the foot races to the puck. We need to be very more aggressive in all three zones from here on out.

On that second goal. Panzarella showed no urgency to get in front of the net and tie up the SCSU forward after he lost the battle behind the net. If you watch the replay, he just slowly skates around the net. He has a good few seconds to get to the SCSU player before the puck is passed to the forward. Lazy

What bothers me is the number of times the other teams attackers are being allowed to hang around our crease without someone leaning on them, too many times there's either a guy alone in front or a guy backdooring the defense on the weak side for a clean shot. It's such basic hockey to protect your zone in front of the net that it drives me nuts.