SiouxSports.com Forum

NHL 2013

jodcon

He had a word with Weise and Emelin... I am not a fan of Emelin at all, but Weise, no real problem with him. Handshake line is a bit over the top to do this. Should have gotten him on the ice during the game. Maybe someone from the Bruins could have checked him before he scored.

There's a reason why Chara wears the Bruins' "C" and Lucic doesn't...

Lots of Bruins hate out here lately. I suppose that's what happens when you're typically at or near the top of the mountain - everyone wants to bring you down. :p And now that they've lost - what better time to rub it in! :)

Lots of Bruins hate out here lately. I suppose that's what happens when you're typically at or near the top of the mountain - everyone wants to bring you down. :p And now that they've lost - what better time to rub it in! :)

The hack Lucic brings out my hate. Classless scum in so many ways.
  • Upvote 3

There's a lot of Boston Bruins haters out there. I was at the Final Five a couple of years back and Jess Meyers actually asked me why I liked the Boston Bruins. I told him that I had lived in Ayer, Mass and went to about 7 Bruins games before I moved home to the Midwest. Game seven Bruins and Devils didn't hurt.

The Penguins and Bruins have both been eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs. I suppose it's time for the Mod team to lock this thread since there's nothing to see here.

In the last 15 years:

4 times, the Bruins did not make the playoffs

5 times eliminated in the first round of the playoffs

4 times eliminated in the second round of the playoffs

I guess if you throw in the Stanley Cup Finals win and even-more recent Stanley Cup Finals loss, then you can say that Boston has been at or near the top of the mountain RECENTLY, but I wouldn't say "typically." But that's just my two cents...

The Penguins and Bruins have both been eliminated from the Stanley Cup playoffs. I suppose it's time for the Mod team to lock this thread since there's nothing to see here.

In the last 15 years:

I guess if you throw in the Stanley Cup Finals win and even-more recent Stanley Cup Finals loss, then you can say that Boston has been at or near the top of the mountain RECENTLY, but I wouldn't say "typically." But that's just my two cents...

Why lock it down, there's a lot of great discussion on this thread...

In the last 15 years:

Of course I meant recently. I wasn't going back to the early '80's! When you think of perennial Cup contenders the past handful of years, the Bruins are at or near the top of that list. There's a reason why there's not a lot of Florida Panthers, Calgary Flames or Buffalo Sabres talk in this thread.

Well said!

Of course I meant recently. I wasn't going back to the early '80's! When you think of perennial Cup contenders the past handful of years, the Bruins are at or near the top of that list. There's a reason why there's not a lot of Florida Panthers, Calgary Flames or Buffalo Sabres talk in this thread.

...and soon to be added, Detroit. (sorry Mafia, couldn't resist)

I only went back 15 years...2014 - 15 = 1999 :lol:

I expect the Florida chatter on this site to pick up since the greatest Sioux hockey player ever, Rocco, will be leading the Florida Panthers Seattle Thunderbirds to Stanley Cups for years to come. Wouldn't that be great?

I only went back 15 years...2014 - 15 = 1999 :lol:

I expect the Florida chatter on this site to pick up since the greatest Sioux hockey player ever, Rocco, will be leading the Florida Panthers Seattle Thunderbirds to Stanley Cups for years to come. Wouldn't that be great?

That would be excellent! So turning the page to the Conference Finals - who wins Game 7 between LA and Anaheim, and who wins the Conference Finals in the East/West? Here are my predictions (along with rambling thoughts):

LA/Anaheim Game 7 - I want to take LA, however Anaheim is at home. Then again Boston and Pittsburgh were also both at home for Game 7 in their respective series and look what happened. Heck, I'm taking LA.

Eastern Conference Finals - I'm at a loss. I think these are probably 2 similar teams and it's going to come down to goaltending. Lundquist is obviously a great goalie, however Price impressed me last round. He was calm, cool and collected - definitely a different Carey Price this year. Head to head NY was 1-1-0-1 against Montreal. In these 3 games, there were 4 TOTAL goals scored! Montreal won 2-0 in NY, NY won 1-0 in Montreal and then Montreal won 1-0 in OT in Montreal. I'm guessing Montreal will have some momentum and confidence after last series and, of course, everyone disrespects Montreal as well, so they can still play that card. I'm not wondering if the Rangers will run out of a bit of steam. I think they had some inspiration/motivation with the passing of Martin St. Louis's mom, but you wonder if that will end up taking something out of them in the long run. As much as I hate to say it, I'm taking Montreal in this series. Possibly a 7-gamer and a lot of very low scoring games.

Western Conference Finals - This is going to be another great series. I have LA winning tomorrow night, so that means this will be LA/Chicago. Crawford is playing great, Chicago has great leadership, scoring, defense, etc. LA isn't too shabby themselves, but I'll take Chicago in this one.

Stanley Cup Final - it doesn't matter who wins Game 7 in the LA/Anaheim series, and it doesn't matter who wins the Western or Eastern Conference Finals. Any of the 3 teams from the West will beat either Montreal or the Rangers. I guess based on my picks above that means Chicago repeats.