SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs EWU (1/17)

SWSiouxMN

First congrats to Huff for joining the 1000 pt club. I thought this was our best team effort for about 34 minutes. We had about 6 minutes after our 8-0 run to start the first half that we played selfish and one on one basketball but after that I thought it was by far our best team effort of the year. Everyone played under control and I really like our 4 guard offense. We almost had our starting four guards in double digits with Schuler getting 9 and the rest in double digits. I will take that every game. We drove and kicked it out more than any game this year and thats what got us going at the start of both halves. Great game and lets continue this type of play. Go Sioux

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UND trailed 29-27 at haltime then holds EWU to only 18 points?? What the hell did Jones tell his team at halftime? "If you lose this game I am replacing everyone with Grand Forks Central's team". UND looked like a different team in that second half and their defense played great. Keep it up against PSU and the rest of the BSC.

I just kept thinking during the game, "How good of a team would you have if you combined EWU's frontcourt with UND's backcourt?"

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Eastern Washington had it's point guard and shooting guard out due to a car accident. Our front court is unfortunately banged up and thin. Wilmer, I think is just trying to survive, I can just tell he's hurting, his wrist is now heavily taped and he's got a sleeve on the other arm. Allard had something last night. You add in Brekke with the concussion, Traylor with academics and Nash with the NCAA. It really is hard to believe its gotten to this point.

Not to mention I heard Webb was suffering from back spasms last night and Anderson played while sick. It makes that win all that more impressive.

Looking at Eastern Washington, it looks to me if they are trying to get guys with long arms contest shots and get stick backs. If we don't add some quality size soon you could see them be a significant challenge in the coming years.

Granted we didn't do a very good job of getting in the way the 2 times he did it, but it didn't take much space or time for that Jois to get going and jam it. That was an impressive play by him--twice in the 2nd half. And he's only a freshman.

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Eastern Washington had it's point guard and shooting guard out due to a car accident. Our front court is unfortunately banged up and thin. Wilmer, I think is just trying to survive, I can just tell he's hurting, his wrist is now heavily taped and he's got a sleeve on the other arm. Allard had something last night. You add in Brekke with the concussion, Traylor with academics and Nash with the NCAA. It really is hard to believe its gotten to this point.

Not to mention I heard Webb was suffering from back spasms last night and Anderson played while sick. It makes that win all that more impressive.

Looking at Eastern Washington, it looks to me if they are trying to get guys with long arms contest shots and get stick backs. If we don't add some quality size soon you could see them be a significant challenge in the coming years.

Granted we didn't do a very good job of getting in the way the 2 times he did it, but it didn't take much space or time for that Jois to get going and jam it. That was an impressive play by him--twice in the 2nd half. And he's only a freshman.

When I first heard about the car accident, I had assumed it happened back in WA before the team left but now understand that it happened in GF. Anyone know the details? Seems odd that the two would even have access to a car.