SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA @ NOTRE DAME - Saturday

AZSIOUX

My feeling is Schmaltz is going to be really good. He isn't physical...yet. Might not ever be? He seems to have good awareness. When you compare him vs our other Dman, he is pretty solid w the puck and make good decisions. He is a Fr. too...let's not forget that.

Parks plays Sioux hockey. Pattyn plays Sioux hockey. Grimaldi plays Sioux hockey.

Kristo is the best player on the ice.

Something is up with Knight, because he is not playing like he is capable of playing.

MacMillan is very good offensively as well.

I have no complaints about Caggiula or St Clair- they are freshmen.

The biggest issue is we are getting pinned back in our own zone, we are not manning up well, and we are not transitioning well. Then we are dumping and chasing and failing to achieve the forecheck off dump and chase.

40 shots on goal is not SIoux hockey. Allowing that for a couple weeks straight is unacceptable. This is on the coaches right now.

Yes, you are 100% correct. ND was known for their D...not putting on 40 shot per game.

Anyone who watched both the Friday and Saturday games saw the absolutely ridiculous penalties that guy was taking. Not only were they dumb...but they were at the worst time to take penalties. Guy is a captain, who is supposed to set an example for our younger guys. I wonder if Hak has any control over this guy? I was a huge MacW fan in year's past but he has been playing pretty poorly this year so far.

go back over the past few years and look at penalties taken in the first half of the year versus the second half especially with him and when blood was here. in the first half they both took a lot of penalties like this and in the second half they tone it down a bit. it seems like Hak allows them to play freely and then tightens the reigns come january.

I wonder if Hak has any control over this guy?

haha. get a grip. Andrew MacWilliam is a good guy and he plays physical, but totally honest and clean hockey.

Stop painting this picture that he's a monster. Save that for Gopher Puck Live.

your shtick is getting tiresome.....

Concern Troll

In an argument (usually a political debate), a concern troll is someone who is on one side of the discussion, but pretends to be a supporter of the other side with "concerns". The idea behind this is that your opponents will take your arguments more seriously if they think you're an ally. Concern trolls who use fake identities are sometimes known as sockpuppets.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who watched both the Friday and Saturday games saw the absolutely ridiculous penalties that guy was taking. Not only were they dumb...but they were at the worst time to take penalties. Guy is a captain, who is supposed to set an example for our younger guys. I wonder if Hak has any control over this guy? I was a huge MacW fan in year's past but he has been playing pretty poorly this year so far.

I am glad that Coach Hakstol doesn't rely on SS to make decisions on players. Mac is a good defenseman and respected team member in the lockerroom and on the ice.

• Upvote 1

I am glad that Coach Hakstol doesn't rely on SS to make decisions on players. Mac is a good defenseman and respected team member in the lockerroom and on the ice.

No doubt...I know he is good. Probably should have waited until the morning to post anything. I'm just upset at the terrible timing of his penalties. The Anders Lee one was terrible.

haha. get a grip. Andrew MacWilliam is a good guy and he plays physical, but totally honest and clean hockey.

Stop painting this picture that he's a monster. Save that for Gopher Puck Live.

your shtick is getting tiresome.....

Yes I know....but the penalties he is taking this year are terrible. I know they will turn it around come January but so far it has been tough to watch. FYI...I'm not a goph fan. Classy reply however.

It's not November on SS.com if everyone is not in an ornery mood over our slow starts and taking it out on others. Let's wait until February to panic about the team's performance.

I don't care if people are unhappy about things, but there's been a consistent trend with this guy where all he does is talk trash about UND and then he makes sure to tack on the standard, "I think they will get better", "I love the Sioux sooooo much, but" or whatever it is to make himself sound reasonable.

This is the same guy that said we were the worst defensive team in the country and we have been outplayed in all but one game this year and that Andrew MacWilliam is an uncontrollable thug that Hakstol is afraid of.

Like I said earlier, I think this guy is a "concern troll" that hates UND. Whatever, though. it's not a big deal. I usually just skip over his posts, because they are so predictable.

I don't care if people are unhappy about things, but there's been a consistent trend with this guy where all he does is talk trash about UND and then he makes sure to tack on the standard, "I think they will get better", "I love the Sioux sooooo much, but" or whatever it is to make himself sound reasonable.

This is the same guy that said we were the worst defensive team in the country and we have been outplayed in all but one game this year and that Andrew MacWilliam is an uncontrollable thug that Hakstol is afraid of, or something.

Like I said earlier, I think this guy is a "concern troll" that hates UND.

Calm down buddy. I am no troll nor do I hate UND. You tend to sound off quite frequently too I might add. I simply was saying the team has not been playing up to its potential...which is obviously true. End of topic.