SiouxSports.com Forum

UND coaching changes

Bisonfan1234

Schweigert to UMD

Docsh to Jamestown

Mussman could very well leave as well.

Lennon and Tibesar i think will stay at least one more year before they leave.

Within a couple years it will be a completely new coaching staff @ UND.

This was inevitable, those coaches have way too much talent to all be together at a little D2 school.

Schweigert to UMD

Docsh to Jamestown

Mussman could very well leave as well.

Lennon and Tibesar i think will stay at least one more year before they leave.

Within a couple years it will be a completely new coaching staff @ UND.

This was inevitable, those coaches have way too much talent to all be together at a little D2 school.

You and some of you fellow NDSU fans can just keep on thinking that Lennon is going to leave soon, that UND's tremendous success has been based on him and his coaching staff alone, and that UND's football program will collapse when he does eventually leave. I will continue to think that UND will be just fine regardless, unless we are stupid enough to hire a coach like a Bob Babich, for example, when Lennon does finally decide to move on. Of course, a successful program would never do anything that dumb, right?

I get a kick out of all you bison fans . . . you've been DI for what .15 nanoseconds and you think that NDSU is the be-all-end-all of DI.

So our coaches are leaving for other head coaching positions . . . that is inevitable in any program . . . big deal. Will it hurt the Sioux? . . . that is yet to be determined . . . but you coming on here stating the obvious is just part of why I despise you, your fans, your atheletes and coaches at your "little DI" school.

So go back to your bisonville board and have tony change your diaper and put the DI pacifier back in your mouth and have him rub your head and tell you that "we're DI, we're DI" . . . and then you can go to sleep and dream about doing well in DI.

BUCK THE FISON

Amen to that!!! It is so obvious that all these Bison whiners KNOW that it is going to suck so bad to start seasons with NO conference title to play for, NO rivalry games, NO play-offs, NO FUN!!! They can try to blow smoke up our ass, but we are not stupid.We know it would suck to be them and that is why they hate us.

Amen to that!!! It is so obvious that all these Bison whiners KNOW that it is going to suck so bad to start seasons with NO conference title to play for, NO rivalry games, NO play-offs, NO FUN!!! They can try to blow smoke up our ass, but we are not stupid.We know it would suck to be them and that is why they hate us.

take a breath and relax for five

Just a way of life for small college football....D1AA included....when you have a good coaching staff that has good success it becomes impossible to keep it together. the challenge becomes finding replacements that keep the quality of your program up there. NDSU had done a great job of that until Babich hit the scene. When Lennon and his staff leave UND will be facing the challenge too. UND and NDSU....whether D2 or D1AA will always be used as stepping stones to bigger an better things. Just a fact of life.

Just a way of life for small college football....D1AA included....when you have a good coaching staff that has good success it becomes impossible to keep it together.  the challenge becomes finding replacements that keep the quality of your program up there.  NDSU had done a great job of that until Babich hit the scene.  When Lennon and his staff leave UND will be facing the challenge too.  UND and NDSU....whether D2 or D1AA will always be used as stepping stones to bigger an better things.  Just a fact of life.

It's not as though UND hasn't gone through several coaching staff changes over the past dozen-or-so years. Obviously, Lennon replaced Thomas as head coach. At offensive coordinator, off the top of my head, there's been Rob Bollinger, Randy Hedberg, Jeff Menage and Chris Mussman. At defensive coordinator, it's gone from Lennon to Schweigert and now to Tibesar. Of course there have been numerous changes among the position coaches as well. And yet, aside from the forgettable 2002 season, every year from 1990 to the present has been pretty successful.

Lennon is a great coach, but there's no reason to think that UND's program is going to all of a sudden collapse when he eventually does leave. Especially now that UND and NDSU are no longer going to be competing against each other aside from recruiting some of the same players, I don't understand why certain Bison fans and Fargo media members seem so interested in Lennon's future and are so anxious to see him go.

I agree that UND will always be used as a stepping stone by coaches who are looking to coach at big time colleges, but that doesn't mean our program is going to collapse any time soon, even with the loss of these guys.

I'd be quite fine with UND getting the reputation as the place for great coaches to go to prove themselves so they can get noticed by D-IA schools. I hope Lennon sticks around for a long time, but when he chooses to leave, bring them on :D

Dale Lennon is in his early 40s and has only been a head coach for 7 years. He already has 3 former assistants that are college head coaches and two more (Mussman and Tibesar) who are destined to run their own teams in the future. That is pretty impressive. :D

It was an observation, nothing more UND92,96.  You have a strange way of reading things into any comments by NDSU fans.....get real.

Yeah, whatever. I think I'm quite real, thank you. While I may disagree with many things written by NDSU fans on this board, I never attack anyone, so it surprises and amuses me that you would apparently interpret my post(s) as being combative and/or paranoid. :D

My point was, and still is, that it's indisputable that certain NDSU fans have somewhat of a preoccupation with Lennon's future. Why that is, I don't know.

I don't understand why certain Bison fans and Fargo media members seem so interested in Lennon's future and are so anxious to see him go.

Bison fans: just curious to see what is going to happen to UND now that all the coaches are leaving.

Fargo media: there are alot of UND alums in Fargo that had to come here to get jobs.

Dale Lennon has yet to show that he is anything but an Amy Ruley type. No, I don't mean he is a homosexual, just that he may remain loyal to a university, his alma mater, and stay on as coach even though being offered positions by schools that are in higher divisions.

Dale Lennon has yet to show that he is anything but an Amy Ruley type. No, I don't mean he is a homosexual, just that he may remain loyal to a university, his alma mater, and stay on as coach even though being offered positions by schools that are in higher divisions.

that post is a little insulting and I don't think this is the place for that type of post.

All this speculation regarding Lennon's future employment got me thinking of Rocky Hager and his tenure at NDSU. I know he was an NDSU grad and if my recollection is correct, he used to talk like being the head coach at NDSU was his dream job and that he wasn't interested in going anywhere else. My question is this for Bison fans: if the problems that led to his dismissal had never occurred, would he have voluntarily left NDSU before he was ready to retire? No flame intended here, I'm just curious.

All this speculation regarding Lennon's future employment got me thinking of Rocky Hager and his tenure at NDSU. I know he was an NDSU grad and if my recollection is correct, he used to talk like being the head coach at NDSU was his dream job and that he wasn't interested in going anywhere else. My question is this for Bison fans: if the problems that led to his dismissal had never occurred, would he have voluntarily left NDSU before he was ready to retire? No flame intended here, I'm just curious.

Believe it or not, Hager is a Minot State grad (I think he's in their hall of fame) but that is a good question regarding his desire to ever leave NDSU. He was always quoted as saying how he wanted to be a DI coach, but yet I never heard of him applying for any jobs during his early success at SU. I think he would have stayed at SU forever.