SWSiouxMN

Throw a few stats and lines from this game

FT line

13-16 (81.3%)

3 point %

12-22 (54.5%)

FG %

31-63 (49.2%)

Anderson 18 points, 8 assists (8-8 from the line)

Antwi 16 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists (5-7 from downtown tonight)

Schuler 13 points, 4 steals (3-5 from downtown tonight)

Allard 12 points, 7 rebounds

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Throw a few stats and lines from this game

FT line

13-16 (81.3%)

3 point %

12-22 (54.5%)

FG %

31-63 (49.2%)

Anderson 18 points, 8 assists (8-8 from the line)

Antwi 16 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists (5-7 from downtown tonight)

Schuler 13 points, 4 steals (3-5 from downtown tonight)

Allard 12 points, 7 rebounds

Played a very team game tonight. A lot of assists and guys shooting the threes that should be shooting them. Should have beat them by 30+ and thats what we did.

Herald Article on the game

http://www.grandfork...9/group/Sports/

Key points:

-Webb will play against UNI on Saturaday

-Huff will travel with the team and was held out as a precaution tonight, was hit in the head at KSU

-Jones is expecting a call from the NCAA sometime Thursday about Nash

I swear they have been saying this for a month. If he is not ruled eligible that will be extremely disappointing and will just prove the NCAA has something against UND. If he is ruled eligible it will provide a huge improvement to the team. He will immediately be one of our best players. I think everything I have said here is obvious and now I feel dumb for saying it.

New jerseys, i thought looked good. Hopefully, no more injuries or suspensions. Tough to know what a win like this does, but i hope at the very least that it gives Antwi, Schuler and others confidence in their strokes moving forward. Benton, I have to chuckle, he's kind of bull in a china shopesque, but I kind of like that. It may come in handy somewhere down the road. He'll get more polish as he goes further down the road in his career. Jones was quite right in his post game interview...these guys need to talk way more when they are on defense. No reason to be shy guys, talk on D, usually a good defense does.

Okay, so by the sounds of it Huff only sat this game because they're treating the concussion with precaution (as they should). With that, Huff should be back against either Northern Iowa or Hawaii. Also, Jamal Webb should be back for the next game because he was suspended for only this game. With those two back either next game or the one after, I'm not too worried. After all, there was no reason to play them - we ended up winning by 30+ anyways!

The only other ? remaining is Jaron Nash. It's frustrating because he SHOULD be able to play immediately and he could be the difference between being a top 3 Big Sky team or not as he provides that crucial front court depth required to be a good college basketball team. I hope he gets cleared and can be on the court sooner rather than later....I'm growing impatient.

Okay, so by the sounds of it Huff only sat this game because they're treating the concussion with precaution (as they should). With that, Huff should be back against either Northern Iowa or Hawaii. Also, Jamal Webb should be back for the next game because he was suspended for only this game. With those two back either next game or the one after, I'm not too worried. After all, there was no reason to play them - we ended up winning by 30+ anyways!

The only other ? remaining is Jaron Nash. It's frustrating because he SHOULD be able to play immediately and he could be the difference between being a top 3 Big Sky team or not as he provides that crucial front court depth required to be a good college basketball team. I hope he gets cleared and can be on the court sooner rather than later....I'm growing impatient.

Okay I may be wrong, but from what I heard Huff is out for several weeks with a broken jaw. Alot of rumors about what happended to him but I think he is out longer than they are saying. Huff is no doubt the best player but when he is out this team plays just fine and as you can tell by looking at the stats there is more passing and assists. If Huff is out for awhile we have the disciplined players that can make up the difference in other ways. I'm not worried one bit. Hopefully Nash can join the team but everyone talks like he is a superstar. He only scored like 4 pts/game for Tech on a very bad team ( 8 wins) and did not shoot good at all. Yes , he is tall and athletic but lets not make him a superstar until we see him play.

NODAK I agree in regards to Nash. But it seems to me your trying to say they play better without Huff, you have to be kidding me bud! Let me remind you: Division 3 school who was 7 and 18 last year. UND better had played their a** off. They're supposed to. Now let's not get beyond ourselves here, believing UND plays better without Huff, so if that's the case, your saying we don't need Webb either, let's not forget he didn't play either bud. Now the test starts! With the Northern Iowa's, Hawaii's, NDSU, South Dakota States of the world, not Crown College, come on now. Face it, WE WILL NEED HIM! Your not worried, I am, against the upcoming games. Your not worried about crown college and presentation college. You shouldn't be!

NODAK I agree in regards to Nash. But it seems to me your trying to say they play better without Huff, you have to be kidding me bud! Let me remind you: Division 3 school who was 7 and 18 last year. UND better had played their a** off. They're supposed to. Now let's not get beyond ourselves here, believing UND plays better without Huff, so if that's the case, your saying we don't need Webb either, let's not forget he didn't play either bud. Now the test starts! With the Northern Iowa's, Hawaii's, NDSU, South Dakota States of the world, not Crown College, come on now. Face it, WE WILL NEED HIM! Your not worried, I am, against the upcoming games. Your not worried about crown college and presentation college. You shouldn't be!

Say what you want about Huff, I agree that we do need him. He brings something to the table that the other guys can't bring. He also is a very good lockdown defender and that is something you will need this year, especially against Montana. I am at least encourage that they used "precaution" and he is traveling with the team, so that at least brings some optimism.

If we get Nash, at the very least it gives us some much needed depth at the 4 and 5 spots. If they say he is as athletic as Huff is, that will be fun to watch.

We have 3 big road games against teams that could make the NCAA's. UNI might have the best team they have had since Farokhmaneshimania was running wild in the NCAA tourament in 2010. Hawaii is not the program they once were with Gib Arnold at the helm and a potential NBA player in Joaquin. Then they have SDSU, which could make a cinderella like run this year. They have Wolters, who is getting National Player of the Year recognition, but they also have a dangerous 2nd fiddle in Dysktra, who could be a 1st team Summit player and is lethal from behind the arc (at 6'8). Gonna be a challenge, but fun at the same time.

Against Crown College, the team should have more assists, points, rebounds, and other statistics regardless of whether Huff is playing or not. Down the stretch, Huff will be NEEDED.

Although I haven't seen Nash play in person, HC Jones said in preseason interviews that Nash would likely be the starting 4 because of the versatility he brings, in fact, Jones said he presents the type of player he has never had here at UND. He is a long lengthy guy with tremendous athletic ability. Just because he averaged 2.5 ppg last year doesn't mean he is incapable; after all, he played in the Big 12 and he only played in one game for more than 30 min (vs. Wake Forest - 15 points, 7 rebounds).

This guy would make a considerable difference.

Okay I may be wrong, but from what I heard Huff is out for several weeks with a broken jaw. Alot of rumors about what happended to him but I think he is out longer than they are saying. Huff is no doubt the best player but when he is out this team plays just fine and as you can tell by looking at the stats there is more passing and assists. If Huff is out for awhile we have the disciplined players that can make up the difference in other ways. I'm not worried one bit. Hopefully Nash can join the team but everyone talks like he is a superstar. He only scored like 4 pts/game for Tech on a very bad team ( 8 wins) and did not shoot good at all. Yes , he is tall and athletic but lets not make him a superstar until we see him play.

Sportsmatic, you must be reading somwhere between the lines. I never said once we are better off without Huff. Read again, I said Huff was our best player but with him out I am OK with the players that are in his place and what they can do. Schuler, Antwi are very disciplined and can make up his points in other ways is what I was saying. It will be difficult without Huff but this team can also play without him when needed. Yes Crown was a no contest game as far as talent but guys like Schuler,Antwi, Traylor can also do very good things when given the opportunity with more playing time and thats what you need from a team when a player goes down. When Huff comes back we will be a stronger team with even more experienced depth.

I agree that guys like Shuler, Antwi, Allard are getting a good opportunity to get minutes and gain confidence, which in the long run will definitely help our depth on the bench. It was good to see Antwi have a confidence builder.

I think Antwi's confidence builder was last year. He looked far more sure of himself with the ball when I saw him against Crown. Granted it was against a weaker opponent, but he took the open shots given to him and looked to create for himself and others. He's a great second option to Webb at the point.