SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2012/13 (non UND Hockey)

AZSIOUX

There hasn't been an 11 or 12 seed to advance to the Final Five in the past five seasons. In fact, only one 1 or 2 seed has even lost a game in the opening round (2008 North Dakota in the Saturday game 3-2 in 2OT against Michigan Tech).

2006 was the last time a bottom-two seed defeated a top-two seed - #9 UMD defeated #2 Denver.

EDIT: 2008, 2009, and 2010 would have been 9 and 10 vs 1 and 2, respectively. 11's and 12's came into play in 2011.

Isn't 9 and 10 anyone? The number 6 seed won it two years in a row, isn't that anyone? How about we wait and see? If 11 and 12 is Alaska and Duluth or Tech and Bemidji, and your not worried about them.........good luck!

So your saying the top two doesn't play the "any team can win"? Have you been there the last five years? Anyone one can win 1-12.........

Go SIOUX!

Let's try this again. Your original post specifically referenced the bottom-two seeds vs the top two and brought up the last five years. I simply pointed out that no bottom-two seed has advanced to the Final Five during the time you brought up.

I'm aware of the success of lower seeds as I attend the tournament every year. An 11 or 12 seed has meant 'season's over' for the past five years.

Let's try this again. Your original post specifically referenced the bottom-two seeds vs the top two and brought up the last five years. I simply pointed out that no bottom-two seed has advanced to the Final Five during the time you brought up.

I'm aware of the success of lower seeds as I attend the tournament every year. An 11 or 12 seed has meant 'season's over' for the past five years.

Lets try this again......

Didn't Alaska keep the goofs home a few years back? If they weren't 12 they were 11! I could care less what you think, and I was talking with the first guy not you and I simply stated "anyone can win 1-12" if you think there is no way 11 and 12 can advance, than all I have to say is good luck to your team. I also attend EVERY YEAR if we are measuring d@cks!!!!!!

Didn't Alaska keep the goofs home a few years back? If they weren't 12 they were 11! I could care less what you think, and I was talking with the first guy not you and I simply stated "anyone can win 1-12" if you think there is no way 11 and 12 can advance, than all I have to say is good luck to your team. I also attend EVERY YEAR if we are measuring d@cks!!!!!!

I think the Goofers were a #5 seed and AA was a #8 seed.

That was 2011 and AA was an 8 and Minnesota was a 5. Hardly a monumental upset as Minnesota was mediocre at best that season.

You suggested a wave of 11 and 12 teams at the Final Five in the past five years which is absolutely not true. I am not saying that 11's and 12's have no shot at all but your statement was dead wrong.

You go ahead and measure your own duck...I'll pass.

Moy has his new Bracketology out:

http://www.uscho.com/bracketology/2013/02/13/five-weeks-out-and-not-a-lot-needs-to-be-done-to-the-bracket/

Grand Rapids

13 Notre Dame vs. 2 Minnesota

10 Minnesota State vs. 7 Western Michigan

Toledo

14 Dartmouth vs. 3 Miami

11 Niagara vs. 6 North Dakota

Manchester

15 Alaska vs. 4 Boston College

12 Denver vs. 5 New Hampshire

Providence

16 Boston University vs. 1 Quinnipiac

9 Yale vs. 8 St. Cloud State

Sioux-Gopher matchup on Thursday in Pittsburgh?

http://www.uscho.com...to-the-bracket/

Grand Rapids

Toledo

14 Dartmouth vs. 3 Miami

Manchester

Providence

You just beat me to it!!! :)

That was 2011 and AA was an 8 and Minnesota was a 5. Hardly a monumental upset as Minnesota was mediocre at best that season.

You suggested a wave of 11 and 12 teams at the Final Five in the past five years which is absolutely not true. I am not saying that 11's and 12's have no shot at all but your statement was dead wrong.

Hahaha

So Alaska did make it, and Alaska is 12 th now. Hmmmm. I never said a wave of teams, my point "again to the other guy" you persistent irritant, was that the number 6 seed won the freakin tourney, (multiple times) if the lowest seed can win it, surely the 11-12th seed can make it there. That's all I was saying genius, if you don't like this statement, I don't care, don't tell me how I'm wrong and your right..... Is this a goofer site? Am I hated for being a Sioux fan on here? Just so mafia knows, them were rhetorical questions.......

So Alaska did make it, and Alaska is 12 th now. Hmmmm. I never said a wave of teams, my point "again to the other guy" you persistent irritant, was that the number 6 seed won the freakin tourney, (multiple times) if the lowest seed can win it, surely the 11-12th seed can make it there. That's all I was saying genius, if you don't like this statement, I don't care, don't tell me how I'm wrong and your right..... Is this a goofer site? Am I hated for being a Sioux fan on here? Just so mafia knows, them were rhetorical questions.......

I don't recall a #6 seed winning the entire tournament multiple times. Until a couple of years ago, that would have meant a team playing on the ROAD in the first round of the WCHA playoffs went on to win the whole thing. Anyone else want to chime in on this one? UMD was a 5 when they won it a few years ago and that's the lowest seed I remember...

Haha....their record was mediocre but the talent on that team was 10x that of Alaska's. The goofs were simply dysfuncional....any odds maker has the goofs in a landslide.

http://www.uscho.com...to-the-bracket/

Grand Rapids

Toledo

14 Dartmouth vs. 3 Miami

Manchester

Providence

You give the rodents too much credit.

Haha....their record was mediocre but the talent on that team was 10x that of Alaska's. The goofs were simply dysfuncional....any odds maker has the goofs in a landslide.

AA: 12-14-2 in the WCHA 16-18-3 overall

MN: 13-10-5 in the WCHA 16-14-6 overall

I recall that season and lots of local media were predicting Seawolves in the upset.