SiouxSports.com Forum

inappropriate avatars

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Yep, our standard for avatars is even a bit stricter than family friendly / safe for work. We want the place to be inviting to all fans, so even bikini photos and such are strongly discouraged.

• Family Friendly
  • Safe for Work
  • Inviting to all Fans
  • Bikini Photos

Well, that pretty much eliminates 2/3rds of the Ag College's football team.

How about photos with a "wardrobe malfunction"? :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, our standard for avatars is even a bit stricter than family friendly / safe for work. We want the place to be inviting to all fans, so even bikini photos and such are strongly discouraged.

Not trying to be overly sensitive here, but what is the policy with regards to swear words? I think it is a bit much the amount of swearing that goes on and it is not conducive to a family friendly site.

Not trying to be overly sensitive here, but what is the policy with regards to swear words? I think it is a bit much the amount of swearing that goes on and it is not conducive to a family friendly site.

I think you are a bit too sensitive my friend.

Good question. The current official rule is "No profanity or obscenity".

Of course, that's pretty subjective. We've traditionally tried to prevent the big two, though have let things like sh$t go through unless an individual becomes excessive. Other words that you might be considering profanity are often also moderated for being offensive sexual innuendo. If something is getting out of hand, we're open to suggestion.