SiouxSports.com Forum

New TV

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Alright guys, I need to purchase a new TV because my old rear-projection box quit. I have a limited budget but want something half decent. Probably something in the 35"-40" size or there abouts. Anyway, I know next to nothing about TVs and was wondering if you guys could offer some advice. Thanks in advance!

I would go with a 42 inch HDTV 1080 LCD or LED. Sony makes a nice TV but they are more expensive. You could also consider mounting the tv on a wall which makes for nice viewing as well. You can probably find a decent TV for around the 700 to 2000 range.

Would recommend you go with a full HD (1080p) with 120hz (vs. 60hz) because the 120hz has no blurring when watching action programs such as sporting events. I would also go with LED over LCD in that it's newer technology and has sharper color. Finally, from what I've been told by more than one dealer, the best HD brands are Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, or Sharp. You should be able to get a 40" LED 1080p 120hz Samsung at Sam's for $850 or so.

TV's are damn cheap nowadays. I bought a 50" plasma Panasonic 1080p 2 years ago for my basement for $900 and it's been wonderful. We bought a 37" Panasonic LED for our upstairs in Oct.for $500 and it's been great too. I think you can find a TV for less than $500 in the size you are looking for, but I would stay away from the "off brands."