SiouxSports.com Forum

BADgers

A.B.T.G.

Look at the 14 game unbeaten track of teams, who on there besides Michigan and Denver is worth a hill of beans. Are the BADgers on a SCSU type roll and soon they will discover themselves (like SCSU), or is this team for real? As you can see they have played 3 teams with a winning record even though one is Quinnipiac, I think a UND intramural team could beat these guys;

W 2 Quinnipiac 1. (4-0-2 Atlantic Hockey )

W 4 Quinnipiac 1

W 9 @ Michigan Tech 4 (Sucks; 1-7-2 WCHA)

W 5 @ Michigan Tech 2

T 3 Minnesota 3 ot (Sucks; 4-7-1 WCHA)

W 4 Minnesota 3

T 2 Colorado College 2 ot (Marginal 4-4-2 WCHA)

T 2 Colorado College 2 ot

W 3 @ Michigan 1 (No comment 7-4-1 in the CCHA)

W 2 @ Michigan State 1 ot (No comment 7-4-1 CCHA)

T 2 @ Denver 2 ot (Good Team 5-5-2 WCHA)

W 3 @ Denver 1

W 3 Latvian National (ex) 2 (Who cares!)

W 4 Minnesota State 1 (Really Sucks! 2-7-1 WCHA)

W 3 Minnesota State 2

Comments??

Sweeping any team in the WCHA is dificult. They played two good games with CC, took 3 from Minnesota (who is still #8 on the KRACH and #11 in the PWR and RPI), they took 3 from Denver and they've swept the lesser opponents. They are for real.

Good points! I was just curious. Has anyone seen them play? I see Bruckler (sp?) has been WCHA defensive palyer of the week twice now. Should be a great series in Madison when the Sioux go there. I will be there if I can get tickets.

Bucky has obviously been getting the job done. They will have a tough time during the WJC missing their coach and three players from what is not a deep team.

Their last six WCHA series are @CC @UM @AA, home with UND, SCSU, and UMD. They will struggle down the stretch.

I'd guess the will lose twice at the X and exit in their first round NCAA game if they make it.

They are obviously a tough team to go undefeated that long.

You can only take care of business by beating the teams that are on your schedule. Wisconsin is obviously better than expected. Minnesota, CC and Denver may have struggled, but they are all very good teams. Michigan and Michigan State are also very good. Give Wisconsin credit--they are in the hunt for the Final 5 of the WCHA.

Bad part is that UND has to go to Madison and doesn't get a return trip from the Badgers either so those two games will loom large... The Badgers are tough to beat in Madtown no matter what year they are playing...

I will be completely shocked if UND doesn't return with at least 3 points from Madison. UW is not anywhere near the same ballpark in depth or speed as UND.

I will be completely shocked if UND doesn't return with at least 3 points from Madison.  UW is not anywhere near the same ballpark in depth or speed as UND.

I tend to agree. While Minnie was missing some key people, I was not overly impressed by Wisco. However, going into Madtown anytime is never an easy task, and I would be pretty happy with a split.

Stringing 14 in a row is tough to do no matter who you are. Winning breeds confidence. Look at the Wild last year for an example. If Wisc would've started with a tougher schedule and lost, they might have seen themselves losing 14 in a row. They've built a nice string that will keep them there in the end. Watching them play Mankato this weekend, they looked good, but not overpowering. It wouldn't surprise me to see us lose to them in their barn.

Was very surprised that they didn't have many fans in the seats this weekend. I'm not sure what else the fans want them to do before they start going to games.

Good points! I was just curious. Has anyone seen them play? I see Bruckler (sp?) has been WCHA defensive palyer of the week twice now. Should be a great series in Madison when the Sioux go there. I will be there if I can get tickets.

I have seen them play six times this year and I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but there is not a weak team in this conferance contrary to belief. Take your homer glasses off and look objectively at all the teams in the WCHA this year and prove me wrong. Wisconsin is the real deal. They may not be the best team, but they are a young team that doesn't know that they are good or bad which makes them more dangerous than any good team. Just when you you think you rolled them up they come back and take the points right out from under you. Ask Minnesota and St Cloud about this. I am sure they thought they had it in the bag. To think that this task is going to be any easier when the the Sioux travel to Madtown (not to mention the Badgers might be in a position to take the title) is thinking with your heart not reality. Here is something else to think about if the their are weak teams in the WCHA. If the season ended today we would be facing the Gophers (all be it at home) in the first round of the playoffs. Is that the weak match up that you are all looking for to contribute to the Sioux qualifying for the NCAA tourney. DO NOT take any team in this league lightly and don't be suprised to see three teams in the six or lower seeds make it to the final five. :silly:

According to this guy who wrote to INCH, the national title will be decided in Madison on Feb. 6-7:

It's a good thing UND is playing well right now because from what I hear, there is nothing else to do in Grand Forks. However, there are plenty of things going on in Madison, but nothing hotter then our hockey team. As far as I am concerned the NCAA might as well bring the national championship trophy to Madison on Feb. 6th and 7th when UND comes to the Kohl center for perhaps the biggest matchup of the season. And believe me, with 17,000 people in attendance both of those nights, a power outage will be the last of their concerns because the student section is going to be have the place shaking by the end of the night. Go Badgers!

Stringing 14 in a row is tough to do no matter who you are.  Winning breeds confidence.  Look at the Wild last year for an example.  If Wisc would've started with a tougher schedule and lost, they might have seen themselves losing 14 in a row.  They've built a nice string that will keep them there in the end.  Watching them play Mankato this weekend, they looked good, but not overpowering.  It wouldn't surprise me to see us lose to them in their barn.

Was very surprised that they didn't have many fans in the seats this weekend.  I'm not sure what else the fans want them to do before they start going to games.

You can say that all you want to tho, look at CC last year...tremendous year that ended on a wimper...

According to this guy who wrote to INCH, the national title will be decided in Madison on Feb. 6-7:

It's a good thing UND is playing well right now because from what I hear, there is nothing else to do in Grand Forks. However, there are plenty of things going on in Madison, but nothing hotter then our hockey team. As far as I am concerned the NCAA might as well bring the national championship trophy to Madison on Feb. 6th and 7th when UND comes to the Kohl center for perhaps the biggest matchup of the season. And believe me, with 17,000 people in attendance both of those nights, a power outage will be the last of their concerns because the student section is going to be have the place shaking by the end of the night. Go Badgers!

— Kyle, Madison, Wisc.

Interesting...where are they going to put the extra 1,500-2,000 that don't have seats? So that will make what, the 5th and 6th sellouts in the five years at the Kohl Center? :silly: