SiouxSports.com Forum

2014 Recruiting

UND Fan

I think NDSU was Jensen's only offer other than D2 schools. It worked out pretty well for them.

Right. Put Jensen on UNDs team - is he even all-conference ever in his career? Or mentioned by anybody as a good QB? Same reason Wentz is going to instantly be this great successful QB...OL play and running the ball down everyones throat. Oh, and the best defense in the country

So apparently Wilkie is the next Joe Montana. Some people need to get a grip...

The kid has potential but is no sure thing. There's plenty of other capable quarterbacks in the region, and I for one am fine with Studsrud. He's listed as 6'1" and has great athleticism. Rudolph can coach ball security and fundamentals, but you can't teach athleticism. You either have it or you don't.

Check out the highlights: http://www.hudl.com/athlete/602945/

Apparently Northern Illinois and Rod Carey were semi-impressed also (he has a PWO opportunity for NIU). Hope he chooses UND.

I guess the question is, do you want a QB or do you want a RB that throws. Studsrud would be more impressive if he had statistically dominated against top competition, but didn't play any top ranked opponents. In the 2013 regular season he threw for 1270 yards and rushed for 540 against 4A competition. Perra and Wilkie both played 6A competition and each threw for 2100 yards, while playing multiple top ranked 6A opponents.

I guess the question is, do you want a QB or do you want a RB that throws. Studsrud would be more impressive if he had statistically dominated against top competition, but didn't play any top ranked opponents. In the 2013 regular season he threw for 1270 yards and rushed for 540 against 4A competition. Perra and Wilkie both played 6A competition and each threw for 2100 yards, while playing multiple top ranked 6A opponents.

Give Studsrud a solid running game and he'd be fine in the play-action game. Throw in a few designed QB runs like NDSU did for Jenson and you've got a multidimensional offense that is tough to defend. I'd go with Studsrud.

In watching the film of all three qbs back to back I like studsrud the best. He's the shortest but is a very natural thrower and reminds me of a bigger Johnson from Montana. I still like Wilkie, I don't understand why/how his mechanics are so awful but if I thought about Phillip Rivers while watching Wilkies film it reminded me that a 6'5" qb can get away with a glorified sidearm throwing motion sometimes. Maybe he is the next Phillip Rivers? The kid makes accurate throws all the time. I wasn't as impressed with Perra.

In watching the film of all three qbs back to back I like studsrud the best. He's the shortest but is a very natural thrower and reminds me of a bigger Johnson from Montana. I still like Wilkie, I don't understand why/how his mechanics are so awful but if I thought about Phillip Rivers while watching Wilkies film it reminded me that a 6'5" qb can get away with a glorified sidearm throwing motion sometimes. Maybe he is the next Phillip Rivers? The kid makes accurate throws all the time. I wasn't as impressed with Perra.

I watched all 3 as well and feel pretty much the same way, accept I am not as big of a fan of Studsrud's throwing motion. The ball drops from shoulder height down to the middle of his numbers, then rises back up to complete the throw. Wilkie does have the Phillip Rivers like motion but the ball starts at shoulder height and moves upward to complete the motion. Perra's motion seems decent but didn't see too many highlights were he had to throw into a tight window, mostly jump balls for fade routes.

I watched all 3 as well and feel pretty much the same way, accept I am not as big of a fan of Studsrud's throwing motion. The ball drops from shoulder height down to the middle of his numbers, then rises back up to complete the throw. Wilkie does have the Phillip Rivers like motion but the ball starts at shoulder height and moves upward to complete the motion. Perra's motion seems decent but didn't see too many highlights were he had to throw into a tight window, mostly jump balls for fade routes.

Studsrud's motion is pretty similar to marcus Hendrickson's. Both baseball guys with a whip style motion. Like Marcus he spins it pretty well and can throw on the run. His motion would probably the easiest to refine. I think we should get him and Wilkie.

Studsrud's motion is pretty similar to marcus Hendrickson's. Both baseball guys with a whip style motion. Like Marcus he spins it pretty well and can throw on the run. His motion would probably the easiest to refine. I think we should get him and Wilkie.

Bringing in both and let them battle for the job. Brilliant idea!

Anyone know who William Lyons is? His twitter info says University of North Dakota Football.

He appears to be a JUCO DB. I can't find much on him or his JUCO but he is from Sparks NV. He's enrolled at UND now and I believe he graduated HS in 2013. I think this is him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/717876/will-lyons

EDIT: I can't seem to find anything on him so I'm not sure where he was last year although I'm almost positive the hudl film is him.

I know that three of the committed guys ( Deion Harris, dev feguson and drew greely). Also a couple guys I see that are mentioned Keaton, Luke fielde, Hudson Walton, Reid and Dylan harmston. And two I haven't seemed mentioned Marcell Kellum and trey pipkins.

I know that three of the committed guys ( Deion Harris, dev feguson and drew greely). Also a couple guys I see that are mentioned Keaton, Luke fielde, Hudson Walton, Reid and Dylan harmston. And two I haven't seemed mentioned Marcell Kellum and trey pipkins.

Pipkins is a large dude!

Who are Hudson, Walton, and Reid?

Thanks for all the updates Hambone.

Plenty of athletes out there. Next few weeks will be a lot of fun.