SiouxSports.com Forum

Solitary confinement in Leed ND school system.

rockbear99

And where did I say this? Do you still beat your kids into submission?

:lol: Far from it.

My girls, 7 and 12, know this though...that poor choices have consequences. 3 things they have been taught from day one...respect, integrity and accountability. They will goof up, make poor decisions and make mistakes, but there are always lessons taught...i.e. my youngest refused to got to her soccer practice 2 weekes ago on a perfect spring evening for no other reason was "I don't want to". I coach their team and all the other girls were at practice. She argued and didn't go. Because of her poor choice her option for their game that Saturday was A) sit out the first half or B) apologize to her teammates before the game for not coming to practice for no reason and that it wouldn't happen again. She chose B...little bit of public humiliation? Probably...but she figured it out quickly that her poor choice had a consequence.

Letting the inmates run the asylum doesn't work in any sector of society. Sooner everyone realizes that, the better!

My girls, 7 and 12, know this though...that poor choices have consequences. 3 things they have been taught from day one...respect, integrity and accountability. They will goof up, make poor decisions and make mistakes, but there are always lessons taught...i.e. my youngest refused to got to her soccer practice 2 weekes ago on a perfect spring evening for no other reason was "I don't want to". I coach their team and all the other girls were at practice. She argued and didn't go. Because of her poor choice her option for their game that Saturday was A) sit out the first half or B) apologize to her teammates before the game for not coming to practice for no reason and that it wouldn't happen again. She chose B...little bit of public humiliation? Probably...but she figured it out quickly that her poor choice had a consequence.

Letting the inmates run the asylum doesn't work in any sector of society. Sooner everyone realizes that, the better!

So you use to beat them into submission then. Thanks for the admission to your previous acts. Were you going to HER soccer practice or YOURS?

So you use to beat them into submission then. Thanks for the admission to your previous acts. Were you going to HER soccer practice or YOURS?

Nice try! You definately are a tool!

She has/had accountibility to her teammates as we all have accountability to others every day, but your pansy ass "if I don't want to I don't have to" self centered mentality is pathetic and why there are so many "victims" out there and people looking for someone to enable them from taking any sort of responsibility/accountability.

• Upvote 2

Nice try! You definately are a tool!

She has/had accountibility to her teammates as we all have accountability to others every day, but your pansy ass "if I don't want to I don't have to" self centered mentality is pathetic and why there are so many "victims" out there and people looking for someone to enable them from taking any sort of responsibility/accountability.

She's 7 years old for gripes sak. I can't wait till she turns say 16 and starts to tell you where to get off. What is it like to live your life over through your daughters soccer team? Embarrasing your 7 year old daughter in front of her friends takes a big man. Her friends could have cared less. Your anger came from her upsurping your authority and made you look bad in your mind in front of the other kids and their parents. This had nothing to do with your daughter being "responsible" at all. She slapped down your ego and this is how you responded. Now who is really in control?

She's 7 years old for gripes sak. I can't wait till she turns say 16 and starts to tell you where to get off. What is it like to live your life over through your daughters soccer team? Embarrasing your 7 year old daughter in front of her friends takes a big man. Her friends could have cared less. Your anger came from her upsurping your authority and made you look bad in your mind in front of the other kids and their parents. This had nothing to do with your daughter being "responsible" at all. She slapped down your ego and this is how you responded. Now who is really in control?

That 16 year old will want money, a car, laptop, cell phone, etc. Unless she has a job to pay for all that....she won't be so quick to tell him where to get off.

You support his abuse of his daughter? Then that is a game I would not want to win.

Where did he say he's abused his daughter?? By threatening to bench her for the first half of a soccer game because she skipped practice?? Any respectable coach would do the same.

Where did he say he's abused his daughter?? By threatening to bench her for the first half of a soccer game because she skipped practice?? Any respectable coach would do the same.

Where he responded to my question if he still beat her into submission and he said far from it. She did not want to go to HIS soccer practice not HER soccer practice. So she gets benched, which she probably could have cared less about to start with. It was easier for him to embarass her in front of her friends than to let HIMSELF be embarassed in front of the other parents. This is all about him and not her.

Exactly. You don't practice you don't play. Most if not all coaches have that as their policy. If an NFL player came out and said I am not going to practice because I don't want to...he won't play. If it was a medical reason he would play but the excuse "I don't want to" that doesn't fly. Its not abuse. If he bitchslapped her in front of the team that is abuse but making her apoligize isn't.

For 180 degree turn from the humiliated child mentioned above, I heard about this story on a talk show yesterday.....

Homeless, abandonded teen bound for Harvard

"When I was younger," Loggins said. "I looked around at my family and I saw the neglect, the drug abuse, the bad choices and I saw my family living from paycheck to paycheck, and I just made a decision that I was not going to end up like my parents. I wasn't going to end up having to decide should I buy food this month or should I pay my rent."

The graduating senior's struggles started when she was forced to live with her grandmother. Her parents abandoned her.

"When I lived with my grandma," the senior said. "There was trash all over the house. She never really explained to me like that it was important to shower - it was important to take care of yourself, so I would go months at a time without showering. I would wear the same dress to school for months at a time."

During that period, she says that's when the teasing and bullying started at school.

Where he responded to my question if he still beat her into submission and he said far from it. She did not want to go to HIS soccer practice not HER soccer practice. So she gets benched, which she probably could have cared less about to start with. It was easier for him to embarass her in front of her friends than to let HIMSELF be embarassed in front of the other parents. This is all about him and not her.

If she could have cared less, then he gave her the option to sit for a half rather than being embarrassed in front of her teammates (because apologizing is so embarrassing). You seem to have a bigger issue with the fact that this guy coaches his daughter's team than anything else. Most parents I know who coach their kids' team do so out of a sense of having to chip in, not just so they can be in control. I don't know if you're dad was mean to you growing up or what, but not all parents are the same.

• Upvote 2

If she could have cared less, then he gave her the option to sit for a half rather than being embarrassed in front of her teammates (because apologizing is so embarrassing). You seem to have a bigger issue with the fact that this guy coaches his daughter's team than anything else. Most parents I know who coach their kids' team do so out of a sense of having to chip in, not just so they can be in control. I don't know if you're dad was mean to you growing up or what, but not all parents are the same.

Fear is a great motivating factor. He put her on the spt so what is she suppose to do?

Fear is a great motivating factor. He put her on the spt so what is she suppose to do?

I don't understand how you sit on your computer making assumptions about a person and his family that you've never even met. I'm getting the impression from your posts that you had a difficult childhood, but that is no excuse to assume all other parents abuse their kids.

Please tell me that they keep score.....it would suck for all those girls to go home as losers. ???

You are just amazing. I'm not gona show favoritism just because she is my daughter and she decided what her response would be to her choice to skip practice. You seem to miss the fact I didn't MAKE her go to practice. You can read into this however you want. Bottom line is I don't want either my kids to turn out like you and yours views. This country has enough self centered, me me me a##holes like you. They'll grow up to be respectful & accountable. And it's never too early to learn those values.You obviously missed that part growing up.

• Upvote 1

You are just amazing. I'm not gona show favoritism just because she is my daughter and she decided what her response would be to her choice to skip practice. You seem to miss the fact I didn't MAKE her go to practice. You can read into this however you want. Bottom line is I don't want either my kids to turn out like you and yours views. This country has enough self centered, me me me a##holes like you. They'll grow up to be respectful & accountable. And it's never too early to learn those values.You obviously missed that part growing up.

You have no idea how your children are going to turn out. You can hope but there is no way you can know for sure. My views? The one where I find it disgusting that a parent would embarass their child in front of her friends for their own ego? Talk about self-centered. You will never understand that you are what you are accusing me of. I wasn't abused but I have seen a lot of it over the years and how kids turned out. It is not the physical abuse that does the most damage but the mental abuse sports parents put their kids through to feed their own lack of self-esteem, the parent coach. Did you ever stop to think that her not wanting to go to practice was that she was trying to tell you something? Something like dad it is not fun anymore. It is a frickin game not life. Stop for a minute and talk this over with your wife and kids and see how they feel. Tell your daughters no matter what that you will love them till the day you die, which should not be hard for you to do since it is the truth, and if she does not want to play soccer or have to work so hard to make you happy, that it is ok.

As for UNDBIZ if I see 2 people jump off a building and break their legs and a third guy tells me I am going to jump off the building and I tell you not to because you will break your leg what are the odds I will be wrong. When you have seen things many times over it is very easy to predict the outcome.

Now I am going back outside and jump back into the pool and enjoy the sun. My daily routine that I have.

You have no idea how your children are going to turn out. You can hope but there is no way you can know for sure. My views? The one where I find it disgusting that a parent would embarass their child in front of her friends for their own ego? Talk about self-centered. You will never understand that you are what you are accusing me of. I wasn't abused but I have seen a lot of it over the years and how kids turned out. It is not the physical abuse that does the most damage but the mental abuse sports parents put their kids through to feed their own lack of self-esteem, the parent coach. Did you ever stop to think that her not wanting to go to practice was that she was trying to tell you something? Something like dad it is not fun anymore. It is a frickin game not life. Stop for a minute and talk this over with your wife and kids and see how they feel. Tell your daughters no matter what that you will love them till the day you die, which should not be hard for you to do since it is the truth, and if she does not want to play soccer or have to work so hard to make you happy, that it is ok.

Now I am going back outside and jump back into the pool and enjoy the sun. My daily routine that I have.

I'll take the bait one more time just for the simple fact that every time you post something on this thead it shows your complete stupidity and ignorance. Your little ditty above, and your other posts, show you are nothing more than a 5 cent Lucy wanna-be pyschiatrist! Truly patheic!

ALL, and I will repeat ALL, your accusations, assertions and assumptions about this matter are completely wrong...period. If you want to accuse me of abuse, I'd kindly send you my address in a PM so if you ever get to the FM area, we could discuss that face to face.

Thru all this though, oh great wizard, you forgot to tell us how the game went that Saturday, what happened after the game and what has transpired since. Well let me tell you...my daughter scored within the first minute and then scored again later in the game. After the game I told her how proud I was at how she played, but more importantly how proud I was of her taking accountability before the game in front of her teammates. We then proceeded to go get ice cream. She then met me at the door the night of our next practice, gear on and ready to go, telling me to hurry as we don't want to be late.

That now makes this game 4-0 me/coach/dad with the ENG just being scored before the horn sounds.

Remember to clean your pool as I'm sure part of your routine is to rinse off the Cheetos crumbs and debris from your bottom half!

Anything else you need to add to this, PM me as to not make you look more like the a## you already have been shown to be!

• Upvote 2

Watchmaker49 please don't have any children. Oxbow6 was spot on in handling his 7 year old. When she's 16 she will know that her actions will have consequences not like a lot of kids today that think they can do what they want and mommy and daddy will cover their asses.

I have a daughter who a couple of times a month will tell me that she want to quit piano. We have a number of friends who have told us that they regret quitting as a child. I relay this to her and work with her on her lesson. I have never played piano, but know enough about music from playing the trombone when I was a kid to be able to help. She gets past her quitting feeling, eventually, and when she reaches the end of the semester and has her recital, she is proud of her performance and that she persevered. Sometimes kids just need that push or need you to work with them to get through things.

I'll take the bait one more time just for the simple fact that every time you post something on this thead it shows your complete stupidity and ignorance. Your little ditty above, and your other posts, show you are nothing more than a 5 cent Lucy wanna-be pyschiatrist! Truly patheic!

ALL, and I will repeat ALL, your accusations, assertions and assumptions about this matter are completely wrong...period. If you want to accuse me of abuse, I'd kindly send you my address in a PM so if you ever get to the FM are, we could discuss that face to face.

Thru all this though, oh great wizard, you forgot to tell us how the game went that Saturday, what happened after the game and what has transpired since. Well let me tell you...my daughter score within the first minute and then scored again later in the game. After the game I told her how proud I was at how she played, but more importantly how proud I was of her taking accountability before the game in front of her teammates. We then proceeded to go get ice cream. She then met me at the door the night of our next practice, gear on and ready to go, telling me to hurry as we don't want to be late.

That now makes this game 4-0 me/coach/dad with the ENG just being scored before the horn sounds.

Remember to clean your pool as I'm sure part of your routine is to rinse off the Cheetos crumbs and debris from your bottom half!

Anything else you need to add to this, PM me as to not make you look more like the a## you already have been shown to be!

Justify it all you want. I have found when people respond as you have they know what is said is the truth. Did I call you names? No. Did you call me names? Yes. Anger flows from the fountain of truth.