SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Ranked 3rd Healthiest College

GeauxSioux

The 25 Healthiest Colleges in the U.S.

Students aiming to eat healthy will love UND’s “guiding stars” rating system, which serves as the yellow brick road to healthy dining options. And for the price of $4,000 per year, students get unlimited access to the dining halls, which support local North Dakota farmers. (For the record, the national average for the cost of dining in 2009-2010 was $4,300, which doesn’t necessarily include unlimited meals.) Recreation facilities are even more highly rated on College Prowler — as well they should be. The $20 million gym, opened in 2006, was a gift from the students, who voted to up tuition for six years to pay for it. The gym offers a huge array of free fitness and health assessments and just about all the equipment we could ever want. Our favorite thing about UND, though, is its7 Dimensions approach to wellness, which includes often-overlooked factors like emotional, environmental, and spiritual health.

Top 5

UCLA

Stanford

UND

Colby College

UGA

It was pretty healthy when I was on campus too. I remember working out my upper body at the Down Under for Buck Pitchers at 3 PM each Friday. Occasionally, we'd have to swim when somebody "Sank the Ship". We'd later run the stairs to Sensations for 2-1 mixed drinks and practice "Irish yoga" to regain our balance. We would then walk, run, jog, stagger or whatever to Frenchy's for a few sets of 16 oz mugs. And then when we were throughly gassed, we'd reward ourselves for a great workout with drinks at Whitey's and/or the Antique and Blue Moose. Take that P-90X ...

• Upvote 2