SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs WMU - West Regional

siouxforeverbaby

the announcers must not have been told to avoid mention the Fighting Sioux while calling the game,

although they've mentioned the 'lack of logo or nickname' due to NCAA regulations several times.

Of course they know about the lack of logo and nickname, but this is an ESPN production. ESPN doesn't have to follow the NCAA rules. The NCAA can threaten to not "allow" ESPN to broadcast the championships, but I don't see that happening since the NCAA probably begs ESPN to take them, and ESPN probably takes a loss on these games.

Of course they know about the lack of logo and nickname, but this is an ESPN production. ESPN doesn't have to follow the NCAA rules. The NCAA can threaten to not "allow" ESPN to broadcast the championships, but I don't see that happening since the NCAA probably begs ESPN to take them, and ESPN probably takes a loss on these games.

I wasn't insinuating the announcers don't know about it;

just mentioning (for those not watching the game) that they keep explaining the use of "Fighting Sioux" is banned,

but continue referring to them as the Sioux while calling the game...

ESPN3 shows a Sioux Jersy on it's homepage.

Does anyone know how to get ESPN3 if your not on the provider list?

For those not able to get the game, a suggestion from the TV Schedule thread... gfbugman wrote, "Go to www.justin.tv and type in Sioux in the search bar and you find it. I am in Colorado springs and watching it on my computer right now"